September Training Update posted

Last I heard, and this is such a BIG surprise, the pilot councils were having problems with training records.

That is a BIG surprise!

Obviously Wood Badge has not gone far enough in replacing Scoutcraft with office manager formulas!

Maybe if mandatory training concentrated more on the kind of Fake Leadership skills that replaced the Patrol Method with EDGE in SM-Specific Training, those mandatory misinformation records would not have been lost.

Rather than hiring translators to teach "character development and leadership skill growth" to 100,000 Hispanics who hate Scoutcraft, maybe we could spend the money on more Toxic Leadership experts from Merrill Lynch and Lehman Brothers to think outside the box for us.

to give traction to these programs, and that's a major resource issue for us and one that we are willing to invest in as we go forward... We are deadly serious. We are absolutely serious about this.

http://www.inquiry.net/leadership/sitting_side_by_side_with_adults.htm

Yours at 300 feet,

Kudu

Kudu.. I kept reading and looking for the punch line!

The day they ask me to use my district training staff to teach soccer, and computers(for more then TroopMaster & rechartering) is the day I will pull up stakes on my tent, and move to the whatever the rebel side shoot kicks off to form in order to keep scouting alive.

The punchline is soon-to-be-mandatory SM-Specific Training in which fake leadership EDGE theory replaced the Patrol Method.

The day they ask me to use my district training staff to teach soccer, and computers(for more then TroopMaster & rechartering) is the day I will pull up stakes on my tent

If the CSE meets his 2010 goal to recruit 100,000 Hispanics who hate camping, Wood Badge will simply switch its office manager metaphors from office "leadership" to business sports metaphors like Denis Waitley's "Course in Winning."

Wood Badge Staffers will start saying stuff like, "Wood Badge has always been about coaching" and "Baden-Powell himself said soccer is a game with a purpose"!

Punchline, moosetracker?

"We are deadly serious. We are absolutely serious about this!"

Yours at 300 feet,

Kudu