Well, I'm headed to Wood Badge in a week and a half. I got my list from the Director, and was wondering if there are any special items you might suggest I bring to make my course a better and happy one?

Thanks in advance ScoutBox

It's funny, but our equipment list suggested bringing a pad to sit on. I think I might have been the only person that did, and I was not only glad to have done so, I had to deflect all those envious looks and comments.

Guy

Very cool course logo! We're using a variation on the 100th theme. That, and our course director plays bagpipes and can be seen in a kilt on a regular basis, so the highland games and all things scottish are present on our course!

The others have covered almost everything. Packing is really more important the 2nd weekend.

Candy to suck on, something salty too. Some of the days get pretty long and the extra sugar and salt will help keep you alert for the fun!

Oops, apologies, I assumed everyone does split weekends :)

Ya, sweets help. Do you have to pack your food for the outdoor experience, or are they providing it all? Having some fun treats for your patrol to share over the campfire/propane tank is always nice for the end of the day.

Some people bring 2 chairs. One for your campsite, one for Gilwell Hall use.

Supplies to make your patrol flag look amazing help -- markers and feathers and doodads (only if you have them lying around in your scout-filled garage).

Thanks guys, I already have a lot of supplies like colored paper, and the standard scissors etc.. I do have a roll of leather I could take with me leather kit.. that would be kool.. don't know if I'll need it, but I can take it as long as I will have access to my POV.

Thanks for some of these ideas. I am headed to Wood Badge on 8/20 and again on 8/27 for the two weekend deal. I have not received any kind of list of stuff to bring, although I have been hounding the council rep for the info. They said it would be coming soon, but that was weeks ago. We were suppose to get this "list" when we registered for the course, which was back in May. Not a whole lot of communication going on regarding the course I am taking.

So again, thanks for your ideas so I can start my own list.