Well, just got back home last night late. Was a great week, but a long one. Seemed like we were there for two weeks. But again a great time. Seems that after that week, I am ready for anything. Loads of information passed around, but sadly National will not allow the Staff to give out this information. Found out that not many Councils hold the course for a week straight, man that weekend way of doing it sure makes a difference in the experience. Having that break in the middle means more time to work on Tickets, and Patrol Projects. Our course was held outdoors, we sleep in Tents for the week, and had class room time for the Power Point classes, and films. Met a lot of great people. Got to launch a rocket for the first time. Was a great week..

Remember Feedback in a Gift..

I did take everyones advice.. i brought two chairs etc.. I would like to add to the list, and this is only if our going to the week long course. But bring cokes.. I needed a lot of extra energy on the course.. also bring a camp stove. all of our cooking was done over a fire. but somethings worked better over a stove. Also bring plenty of craft stuff. I would even suggest to find some good dry long logs about 3-4 inches in diameter. and lots of rope and para cord. a Wood working kit, and even something you can maybe burn the wood for effect. Bring extra activity shirts, and plenty of socks. A good brimmed hat for the rain, and a good rain jacket. I also did a bit of trading with my Parol members, so I brought extra patches and neckers. good camp shoes. Although the walking staff looks kool, I suggest you leave it at the house. The staff have the time to carry theres, but were always seems to have our hands full. Also bring a coffee mug, in metal, plastic, or wood. and add a lanyard to carry it on your belt. Extra pens and pencils, and a good compact but with lots of paper, note book. And don't forget your day pack, I had mine with me at all times..

If I remember anything else, I let you know.

SB

Bob White

Scoutbox, thanks for the extra ideas. We had an orientation day last Saturday so we could get some of the paperwork out of the way and are heading into our first weekend this Friday. Thanks to practice ahead of time, I was one of the fastest wogglers. Sounds like it is going to be a great time.

Go Foxes!

C-01-10

Foxes???

You know already which Critter Patrol you'll be in?? we had to wait until the night of the Blue & Gold when we did crossover with out Troop Guides into at BSA Troop, and we changed from our Den Numbers to Patrols..

Back to Gilwell

I used to be a Bob White, and a good old Bob White Too.

But now I'm finished Bobbing

I don't know what to do

I'm growing old and feeble

And I can Bob White no more

So i'm going to work my ticket if I can.

Chorus,

Back to Gilwell, Happy Land

I'm going to work my ticket if I can.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished first weekend...

Wish I brought a stadium chair or just a cushion. (Man, those benches are hard.)

Glad I brought;

A small piece of leather (big enough to wrap around the patrol flag pole) and a small gas powered soldering pen. I used the soldering pen to mark our totem on the leather and later we will wood burn our names on the pole.

My favorite wood carving knife. (Great for making bear claw totems!)

Ear plugs for sleeping.

NE-II-192

Bear

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I must have done something good at my WB Course this past Summer. I've been asked to serve as a Troop Guide on the next course coming up next Summer.. Infact several from my Patrol were asked to serve as TGs. My TG will be the Program ASM for the Course. Great news.. I feel very honored to have been asked.