Get the word our Tiger PSA

Fair enough Renax, but maybe a couple ideas for consideration: This being a Scouting-related message board, its common for Scouting-related abbreviations and jargon to be used, as most of the audience here is familiar with those terms. Maybe that's what caused some confusion initially - people were trying to decipher "PSa" in a Scouting context, and came up with nothing. And, when asked to clarify the abbreviations or jargon being used, that typically is done. :-) Also, Scouting is BIG - millions of members, hundreds of thousands of adult leaders, thousands of individual requirements for different awards, hundreds of unique program literature, training courses, program materials, etc. Its not always obvious WHICH particular requirement, book, training, pack- or council-specific program you're talking about. All I know if that you're looking for something about Tiger Cubs and PSa's, which in fact mean Public Service Announcements. Still don't know what/why exactly you're looking for.

OK guys - I believe Renax is looking at a Tiger Cub Scout Elective as follows..

Get the Word Out

With your den, make up a PSA skit to tell people about Tiger Cubs.

Renax - you may assume all of us are at cub scout level & focused on the same electives you are.. Fact is we are not.. Many of us are what you would call "old geeser".. My son is 20 years old. He was a Tiger 15 years ago.. Guarenteed the electives were different back then, even if they were not, 15 years is a long time to expect me to remember something..

Still once I figured out PSA.. I was at a loss of what you wanted.. Did they need to analyze PSA's that are in current commercials and figure out why you have to take them with a grain of salt, because you can't believe all that you hear.. Did they have to go and visit a set that was creating a PSA like a local car dealership?.. etc. etc..

All that we ask is if we need more clarification you provide it..

That being said in the contact of them making their OWN commercial for Tigers cubs.. Why must YOU come up with the idea?? I organized Odyssey of the Mind.. This was a play the kids (I had a group around 1st - 3rd grade).. Had to come up with their own skit.. I stayed faithful and did not interfer, except to give them team building, and constantly do things like video so they could see themselves, or hold one of them out so that he could watch everyone else 3rd person.. On the day of compitition you knew others were skits written & directed by adults.. My feeling was my guys had the oddest performance but I was more proud of them because they did it all themselves.

If this is not really going to air, then let them have the fun of figuring out their own commercial..

I am going back to when I had to learn about commercials and do one in High School.. I still think it would be good for them to look at the style of different commercial..

Those that are serious and give you straight information.. Like a public relation commercial of how a company is working to help the environment, or look for alternative fuel.. Or the BP commercial about the oil spill..

The commercials with silly jingles or saying so you can remember them.. My jingles I remember from way back.. "I am the Frito Bandito" jingle, or Morton Salt - When it rain it pours..

The goofy commercials like the tidy bowl man..

The abstract commercials which you have no idea what it's about until maybe the end shot... (Maybe)

Etc.. Etc..

Then after studying them they can figure out the best style for them.. (I hope not serious or abstract.. But one never knows)..

Then let them think of what to do for props and costumes.. Get a video recorder and record them..

Sounds like you want us to figure out a script for you.. Some may give you ideas.. But I think give the Tigers some info on what different types of commercials and letting them work on their own idea will be much more educational, meaningful and fun for them.

>

Ahhhhh. Thank you. Despite having led a Tiger Cub Den twice and been a Cubmaster for two years, I had no idea.

(And frankly, it's tiresome to have to struggle to interpret a lot of abbreviations when people could spell them out the first time).

>

Heh, heh! Unfortunately, that's what they seem like all too often to me!

I didn't really mean to hijack the thread away from the original question though, nor to attack Renax particularly.

It was intended as a reminder to our whole audience who could easily make things easier for readers.

As the opening poster put his question in the Cub Scout forum, and specifically mentioned Tigers in his post title, I think he expected to get feedback from Scouters familiar with the Cub Scout program, and the Tiger program in particular.

The PSA (Public Service Announcement) Tiger Elective is not new. It has always been an Elective in the Tiger Handbook.

Renax127 - Get ideas from your Tiger Teams. Ask them what they like about being a Tiger. What they like about the Pack. Maybe have each Team do a poster illustrating what they like best about Cub Scouts. Display the posters at the next Pack meeting. Have your Cubmaster (CM) invite the boys in the kindergarten class to the Pack meeting so they can see the fun they can have as a Tiger Cub.

Happy Tigering! Remember - Tigers are G-R-R-R-R-R-E-A-T !!

►Search Results Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test - National Cancer InstituteA fact sheet that describes the PSA screening test for prostate cancer and explains the benefits and limitations of the test. National Cancer Institute Fact ...

www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/detection/PSA - Cached - SimilarProfessional Sports Authenticator (PSA) & PSA/DNA Authentication ...Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) is the world's largest third-party sportscard authentication service - the experts in grading cards, ...

Cert Verification - Set Registry - Submission Center - SMR Price Guide

www.psacard.com/ - Cached - SimilarProstate-specific antigen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaProstate-specific antigen (PSA) is a protein produced by the cells of the prostate gland. PSA is present in small quantities in the serum of men with ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate-specific_antigen - Cached - SimilarPSA Plano > HomeMar 24, 2011 ... Provides information, schedules, and on-line registration for boys' and girls' sports leagues in the Plano area.

www.psaplano.org/ - CachedProfessional Skaters AssociationThe PSA is an organization of ice skating professionals engaged in the instruction, training and performance of ice skating.

www.skatepsa.com/ - Cached - SimilarPSA :: Educating and Connecting People through PhotographyPSA (the Photographic Society of America) is a worldwide organization for anyone interested in photography. The society includes casual shutterbugs, ...

www.psa-photo.org/ - Cached - SimilarProstate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test: Why It's Done, Results, and MoreApr 13, 2009 ... A prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test measures the amount of prostate-specific antigen in the blood. PSA is released into a man's blood by ...

men.webmd.com/prostate-specific-antigen-psa - Cached - Similarpacificsoc.orgMembers of the Pacific Sociological Association subscribe to and are bound by the Code of Ethics of the American Sociological Association. The PSA and its ...

www.pacificsoc.org/ - Cached - SimilarPediatric Home Healthcare | PSA HealthcareAt PSA, we understand these concerns, and the many questions you may have about all aspects of your evolving and unique situation. ...

psahealthcare.com/ - Cached - SimilarPSAPSA is a leading provider of production management solutions. For nearly 20 years, PSA has collaboratively partnered with world-wide clients to develop ...

www.psacards.com/ - Cached - SimilarNews for PSAWhy won't my doctor give me a PSA test?

2 hours ago

When I asked him for a PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) test he said he didn't believe that it would help me. I'd like to know why because I thought the PSA ...Mirror.co.uk - 11 related articles

How much medical testing is too much?

Los Angeles Times - 33 related articles - Shared by 50+And now a PSA from Will and Kate

USA Today - 2 related articles

Books for PSADeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's cancer ... - Vincent T. DeVita, Theodore S. Lawrence, Steven A. Rosenberg - 2008 - 3200 pages

Page 1431: 4 MANAGEMENT OF THE RISING PSA AFTER DEFINITIVE LOCAL THERAPY Given the ...

Advances in Clinical Chemistry - Gregory Makowski - 2006 - 320 pages

Page 237: By these latter mechanisms PSA may mediate progression of prostate cancer ...

Contemporary issues in prostate cancer: a ... - Jeanne Held-Warmkessel - 2006 - 456 pages

Page 89: Measurement of transition zone density, meaning the ratio of serum PSA and ...

books.google.com

The firts page of my Google search for PSA ( copy and pasted)

Now, here's the thing: You made a post with "PSA" in it. Of course you knew what you meant as it was your post. You have an idea or question of a particular subject running through your mind.

But we do not have access to your mind orv thoughts other than what you post here. And of course, we read them using OUR MINDS which have their own thoughts.

There are so many initails, abreviations and acronyms used in scouting that are identical to other peoples uses.

CM: Committee Member or Cub Master?

Depends on what you are thinking and which one you were using.

Me personally, as a survivor of Stage III-B Melanoma and my both my dad and uncle having been Prostate Cancer survivors... My very first thought was Prostate-Specific Antigen.

Then look at my typing in general. My big ole fingers quite often hit 2 or 3 keys at one time. Sometimes, I type fast and hit the wrong keys only. Just read some of my posts...I am surprised that people even understand what I meant at all sometimes.

:)

JUst remember:

WHat you are thinking, how you type it, how we read it and what we understand are 4 different things!

Scoutnut quote

"As the opening poster put his question in the Cub Scout forum, and specifically mentioned Tigers in his post title, I think he expected to get feedback from Scouters familiar with the Cub Scout program, and the Tiger program in particular.

The PSA (Public Service Announcement) Tiger Elective is not new. It has always been an Elective in the Tiger Handbook.

Renax127 - Get ideas from your Tiger Teams. Ask them what they like about being a Tiger. What they like about the Pack. Maybe have each Team do a poster illustrating what they like best about Cub Scouts. Display the posters at the next Pack meeting. Have your Cubmaster (CM) invite the boys in the kindergarten class to the Pack meeting so they can see the fun they can have as a Tiger Cub.

Happy Tigering! Remember - Tigers are G-R-R-R-R-R-E-A-T !! "

Yeah if you see a post in the cub scout forum

and it references TIGER cubs,

you could quickly check out a place that lists the tiger achievements and electives --like boy scout trail perhaps-- and figure out that this is a Tiger elective.

Or you could be perhaps a little bit nicer and ask

so, um, is this part of a Tiger achievement or elective? The meaning of PSA escapes me.

instead much nicer to poke the OP.

We gave the tigers some ideas to think of what is good about scouting, great about tigers, and they did it like a run on at a pack meeting.