Lion Cub scouts!

My memory is a little fogged...however...I became a Boy Scout at age 11 (1965). I received my Lion AND Arrow of Light shortly before that, so that would have been 1964-65 time frame. I started Cub Scouts a year late (age 9), so never earned a Wolf badge. Can I go back and do the requirements now???

scoutldr, sounds like we're roughly the same age (I was born in Nov of 1954).

I wish I had stayed with Scouting but as I got closer to middle school, football began to take up more of my time. And now I have two bad knees to show for it!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Are you telling me that the past four years that I could of just made up the program! I guess I shouldn't have gone to all that training! Also the time it took me to plan the meeting I could of used to drink beer and watch more sporting events. man what a bummer!(This message has been edited by hendrickms24)

Our Pack has been running a pilot program called the Lions for kindergartners for 4 years now also. This year, I wrote an actual curriculum, changed the name to Mowglis and have set off in an effort to make it official. I created a uniform, award system, and program. Our boys are known as "man cubs"

Comments or questions?

Okay, I'm confused . . . what is the purpose behind having LFL doing "Lion Cubs" during 1st grade? Isn't 1st Grade the Tiger Cub year?

Is this an effort to get the homosexual atheist dollar?

What about the Lion Cub promise ". . . be a good Scout." How can they be a good Scout when they aren't part of Scouting.