more adding to the Eagle application requirements VENT

I'm going to have a private chat with the DAC before we do anything, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. If necessary, I'll find the loaner. Thanks for the suggestions.

Again, congratulations to CA_Scouter. It was worth it. No question.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, it hasn't happened yet, at least not for this unit. I'm working from concerns passed on to me and I'm trying to avoid problems. I should know something for sure tomorrow.

Edited for clarity. Yes, the DAC always attends in full regalia. He pays meticulous attention to detail and I really like the guy, so I really hope this is merely a tempest in a teapot that only requires some clarification.(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

Please allow me clarity....

Get the young man done -- Means get him into uniform for the ebor. If there is a mate who is similar size, similar awards, then BORROW the shirt for the eve... otherwise, as OGE said, buy, then re-sell.

After the young man's advancement is properly taken care of :) , then lodge the complaint.

We're going to borrow shirts, etc. and get this over with. The DAC doesn't really care one way or the other personally...he says it's coming from the council level so he applies the requirement. I'll get these boys through and then address this with the council.

Edited for clarity(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

So, packsaddle, let me get this straight. The boy in question had no problem running out and buying an incorrect Venturing shirt, but has a problem with buying a correct Boy Scout shirt? What exactly are you going to complain about? My hat is off the DAC for doing his job. You should thank him, as well.

Brent, I also think the DAC does a great job and I am not sure yet that I have a complaint because I have yet to resolve the source of the uniform requirement for the Eagle BOR. It was only a day or so ago that I was able to talk to the DAC and understand the situation from his perspective. All I know is that the DAC says he's getting this regulation from the council level. I just want to see the written regulation so I have an accurate description. THEN, if I see a problem I'll continue from there.

Am I wrong?

As I said before, be reasonable.

Showing up to an Eagle BOR (or any BOR) out of uniform (in civvies) is out of bounds. BUT, having a meltdown because the scout is wearing one BSA uniform (venturing) vs. another seems trite, especially if it was OK with the SM.

Having said that, I thought the venturing green uniform was for the venturing program, not the older scouts in the BSA troop. So perhaps someone in that troop is unintentionally setting scouts up to not have a uniform that fits when they go for Eagle. SM might look into this for the future.