Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love some of the stories. makes me appreciate my parents even more. This summer we had 14 adults and 30+ scouts. We didn't have too many problems. We did have some adults follow groups around, but the camp wanted one adult from each troop to be with their trail to eagle classes, so it worked well. We did get some "hovering" but nothing like you all talk about. all in all it worked well. The homesick stuff is the main issue. We have a 13 yr old that gets homesick bad still. His folks aren't there (I think for that reason) but he comes from a very close family, so I chalk it up to that.

I want as many adults to come as can make it. As we went 600 miles away this past summer and are going further this summer, it kind of makes the adults stay the week. We got a lot of training done, and, all of the adults came back with a desire to work for the troop, and not hover in the troop.

Comment

Hello Two Cub,

Wow! That's an example of a Four Alarm Homesickness Conflagration worse than anything I've ever heard about before!

Comment

Working...
      X