Where to buy an embroidered blanket for patches

Hi all - this is my first post, so I hope I'm choosing the right forum to post this is.

My son is currently a Webelo I, and I have decided that I'd like to get a nice blanket to put all of his patches on. I see that BSA sells a patch blanket, but it looks like it's made out of the same material as the patch vest, and I just don't like the feel of that. However, I like the fact that it is embroidered.

So does anyone know of someplace else to get a nice (fleece maybe?) red blanket for patches? I'd especially like to be able to order it with either a scout-related embroidered design or personalized embroidery (maybe his name).

Thanks in advance, and I hope this was ok to post here.

If this is what you want, then grab the phonebook and look-up embroidery/silk-screening companies in your area. Many have the equipment to put just about anything on anything these days including a Boy Scout logo (whether or not this is legal to do) on a blanket.

Look in your area sewing centers, some of them are carrying scouting related fleece material.

Robert L. DeWitt

Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 12

Chickasaw District

Georgia Carolina Council

I used to be a good ole Bear SR-691

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with Moxieman. Find a blanket that you like and then have a one-off ebroidery shop to customize it. I used to do this to cool-weather jackets because the 'official' stuff just doesn't fit right. BSA isn't going to worry about something you don't sell and keep at home anyway.

• 3 weeks later...