X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son is a Boy Scout now!

We aren't new to Scouting. My son has been involved in Cub Scouts since he was a Tiger, and I was his den leader the entire time. He just bridged over last night to Boy Scouts with his Arrow of Light. I just had to share because I am so excited for him!

When my son became a Boy Scout (1985), I had a lump in my throat. I thought "He is no longer a little guy!"

Comment

HOW! HOW! New Scout! Are we allowed to say that anymore?

Comment

• Oldscout448
        Oldscout448 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't answer for anyone else, but I sure as heck am!

Great news!!!!!

Comment

Huzzah! I can only hope that Venturing's precipitous decline will cease so that in 4 years and there'll be a crew waiting for him!

Comment

• dedkad
          dedkad commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope so too because the troop he is joining are mostly younger scouts, and I would like for him to stay in the program longer.

Congratulations! My son is crossing over this Saturday.

Comment

Special times for us dads, treasure them, they come but once

Comment

My son crossed the bridge two weeks ago, also. I'd say "no looking back", but right now he has more friends in the Pack's younger Dens than in the Troop (he socializes younger).

Comment

• dedkad
              dedkad commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe he could be a Den Chief for the pack.

My Bear made it to the District PWD last weekend, came in mid 40s in a very big district. My Tenderfoot was really bummed he can not do PWD anymore. I tried pitching Blastcar to the troop committee but absolutely no interest. Adult led troop.

Comment

• dedkad
              dedkad commented
              Editing a comment
              Our District has a PWD category for Boy Scout-aged boys and one for adults also. Maybe you can get your District to do that next year. There weren't too many Boy Scouts who entered, but there were quite a few adults.

That's awesome, congrats to him and you as well

Comment

My youngest is working on Eagle; he and I are doing a high adventure trip to the BWCA in June. Enjoy the time you have with them, soon they'll be to busy for you. I think this may be my last chance to pry his eyes from electronics, and girls, and help him see this amazing world with his own eyes. These are special times indeed.

Comment

Working...
              X