Hi, I'm Becky and I am finishing up my first year as a Tiger Den Leader also finishing up my first year as the Pack Committee Secretary and also Troop and Crew Committee Member. I am the mother of boy in the Troop and a daughter in Venturing.

HI! Welcome!

Glad to see you are involved at the Cub level. Packs need a bit more of that as their turnover is usually rather high, and some experienced leadership is always needed.

Just don't do to much. You don't want to burn yourself out!

Tigers are G-R-R-R-R-E-A-T !!

Does your daughter's Crew have a specific focus? Is your son looking forward to joining the Crew when he gets old enough?

Happy Scouting to you, and your Scouts!

So what is the story behind having your kids in the troop & Crew, but returning to the Pack??

I stared with the Pack because we needed people from our church to be committee members, also my husband is the CR for the Pack, and I have a secretarial background. So I was plugged in there first and then it came to join night and we had several tigers but no leader so I volunteered there. As for having kids in the troop and crew, it had been a while but our son was a tiger and was hurt so it took him several years to want to come back to Boy Scouts and the SM talked to him and got him excited now he is really involved (he's the SPL of the troop and also a DC for the Pack).

Does your daughter's Crew have a specific focus? Is your son looking forward to joining the Crew when he gets old enough?

No, Not that I know of. Right now they are struggling to keep it afloat because there is hardly anyone that shows up to the meetings. Our son is duel registered in the Troop and Crew so he will automatically go into the crew when he turns 18, because our troop and crew do most things together anyway. He has only 1 1/2 years till he's there anyway.

• 2 weeks later...