Eamonn and I have already traded sub-camp and troop number information by private message so we can meet up at Jamboree. I'll let Eamonn give his info publically if he wants. Anyone who wants to meet me can find me in sub-camp 17 with troop 1715. I'm Keith. Please feel free to post your info here or at least say that you will be there so info can be traded by private message. I'd love to meet as many of you as possible while there.

Excellent thought! I am looking forward to meeting many of you fellows next month! I'll be on staff in the Religious Relationships tent. We should set up a place/time to all get together and shake hands. Who else is going to be there? This'll be great! :)

I will be with Troop 412 in Sub-camp 4.

Me thinks that trying to set up a time and place might be difficult, with so many of us all doing different things at different times. Still if I or if someone else wants to look at the guide and pick out what looks like a good time that would be fine.

I know that Bob White will be there but is kinda tied up doing what he has to do.

We hope to "Tear Down" on the last night so that will be a real busy time for me.

Eamonn.

Depending on weather conditions, we intend to break camp the last night and sleep under the dining flys. It will be a busy night....but a glorious morning! I think trying to meet at one time in one place will be difficult too. We intend to leave one adult in camp at all times and rotate the responsibility. Not knowing the schedule makes it hard to commit to a day or time. My hopes is for everyone who wants to to share their sub-camp, troop number and first name and as we are out and about, we can drop in and hopefully catch each other. I certainly understand if people don't want to put that info in a public forum. That is why I suggested using private messages if you don't want to put the info here. At the least, hopefully everyone going will check in here and find out who is going so individual arrangements can be made.

You can find me at Action Center D Rappelling tower. Just ask for Hops.. chances are they'll know who you're looking for. I'm told I will have two days off and I intend to make several trips to go find people that I know from here or other boards online.

Realizing that un-solicited advice is often unwelcome and usually worth exactly what you pay for it, let me offer mine.

I think the way you guys are talking about hoping to catch each other at the Jamboree by visiting one another in different areas is not going to be successful.

Let me suggest this: Pick a date and time and meet behind the welcome center near the main parade field where all the flags are. If you don't know where that is now, you will be the time you spend a day at the Jamboree.

That's the easiest way I can think of for the most people who want to meet each other for the first time can do so without interfering with other goings on at the Jambo. I would not suggest trying to meet near one of the gates at one of the shows ... there's simply too many people moving through at once and it won't work.

I don't think it matters what time you chose . . . someone or someones will not be able to make it due to shift and duty differences, but a bunch is better than hit-or-miss wander my way methods.

You may also increase your ability to get together if, on the appointed day, some secret signal is exchanged -- such as turning your left shoulder loop deliberately upside down until the seam shows. ;)

Unc.

Reading through the above, so far we have

Eamonn...........subcamp 4, Troop 412

SR540Beaver..subcamp 17, Troop 1715

Bob White........?

Acco40............subcamp 12

Trevorum.........staff, Religious Relationships tent

HopsScout.......staff, Action Center D Rappelling tower

Orennoah.........housing staff at Mahone

Cheffy...............staff, Heth/catering

Others, please feel free add your contact info if you wish

Baden will be at the Jamboree Post Office when I am not cruising the Jambo in my new, air conditioned, QBSA blasting, GM van, hauling the mail and cookies to all my Scout buddies.

Going Postal in "05

Baden

Baden:

Having driven a van through the Jamboree, please allow me to tell the others this:

Baden will be easiest to catch when he's in the van. Because of the sheer number of pedestrians, he'll be going as slowly as they are.

So if you see a guy in a kaki shirt driving a van, be sure to say HI!

Unc.