Tour and Activity plan--Assistance needed!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've filled out two plans, in the last couple of weeks. No issues.

Well, minor issues. Maybe. Or not.

The second one isn't complete. I don't have a vehicle listed for one adult, so that was flagged. He's stonewalling me. I've asked him year, make and model twice, and I don't have an answer yet.

The other is that we have two adults, out of 7, where there is no YPT. It's flagged as a deficiency. That's okay, but I thought that according to the G2SS you don't need to have every adult with YPT. I know it's a good idea, and maybe this is a mandate coming down the pike, but at the moment, it is flagged as a deficiency.

Here's some oddities that I've noticed: our pre-populated leader list is okay, but is missing one adult. When I notified the council about this, I ran into a quagmire. He actually hadn't been registered (because of non-payment -- when, in fact, I had paid for him twice before! They were working on extracting $16.25 from me, for the third time this charter period. We're still working on resolving that).

Another oddity: our CC is wrong (it's now me). Our council knows it is me. I guess Scoutnet doesn't.

The system seems to make some assumptions -- like the person filing the tour plan is not the CC or COR, and is probably the SM. I'm CC, and I'm filing the plan for summer camp. I do get a copy of the plan, as does the COR, as does the emergency contact adult. So does the CC who is no longer the CC. The SM isn't getting it, because he's not the one filling it out.

In a complete context switch -- but related -- I took my sons to the district's "Life to Eagle" seminar last week, where they were informed that, for an Eagle project, "you must fill out a tour permit...it's for insurance reasons." At an appropriate time, I was annoying and mentioned there are no longer any tour permits, or approvals, and that it was all done online now, and that I wasn't sure if Scouts were able to log into myscouting.scouting.org to fill out a tour plan. I wasn't trying to do a gotcha on him -- he said he'd look into it. I just didn't want a bunch of Life Scouts to walk around thinking there were permits that had to be approved before they could file their workbook.

Guy

We still do not have the complete freedom from extra permits locally in our council. I was told again today that we still have to file them as in the past, even if within the local council and less than 500 miles. So, we still have to print and take to the office, or fax.

Wonder why the local council could not simply be added as a recipient of the on-line form. Then someone there could record it when they get it. But reality is that most plans/permits are not far enough out to be checked before an activity; so faxing or taking it in is still the best way for it to be on file there.

It is a work in progress I guess. They did post something on "my scouting" regarding the flagging for first aid and cpr on other activities. Say it is NOT necessary, and ignore the flag.

Thanks; I will mention it to the assistant SE. Not sure where they are at on this, as almost anything new has to be brought to their attention by one of us before they make any effort to work with it or explain. They are understaffed, and under funded, like many, and so the ones there are over worked and always putting out fires.