Tour and Activity plan--Assistance needed!!!!

Hi all...I'm trying to fill out the Tour plan on the myscouting site. I can't get past the first page, as it asks for type of unit, and the drop down box has no choices, so I'm stuck. This has been handed off to me by another committee member with the same frustration.

Just to cover a few bases:

-Yes, I did sign in with a valid username, and I have a BSA ID.

-I have used both Firefox and IE to try this, but to no avail.

-Yes, I have the latest versions of the browsers.

I'm ready to just say "the heck with it," BUT, this particular camporee we're attending awards 5 extra points to overall score if a copy of the approval is submitted at check-in. I'm wondering if 5 points is worth all this hassle.

Not sure what, if anything I'm doing wrong on the myscouting site, but if anyone has any insight, much appreciated!

Thanks bnelon44, I did just that, and on their end, everything "seems to be ok". (Well, it's NOT! I've tried 2 browsers on 2 computers!). They gave me a trouble number to call back tomorrow--guess we'll just have to wait 'n' see!

Impossible to get approval, they are reviewed by council.

That aside, use the pdf

If you send me the incident ID you got from the call via PM I will look into it, should not happen if you meet the criteria - what is your position code?

You flux capacitor user interface is over dopplegangered! :)

I found out that it is easier to download it in PDF form, then go to edit mode and fill it out, then e mail a copy of it to our council registrar.

I also print out a copy to have on hand along with our med forms at camp.

You guys are awesome, thanks! Now where do I get the PDF from? I'll just fax it to council and be done with it. Already informed the PD of the camporee of my issue, so maybe a fax receipt will be sufficient. (The camporee is THIS weekend---I know, I know...21 days, but realistically, can anyone do this accurately 3 weeks ahead?

All the way thru to the end.....

No people populate in the training windows......Then I get this error

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

BSA.TP.Web.UserControls.TP_Footer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +12795

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +131

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +65

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2427

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3623; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3618

hooker.....

Tour plan requirements vary council to council.

So your Blanket statement is incorrect.....

The tour plan may or may not be required based on you councils requirements.....

Some councils require one when you leave the CO....Some require it for outdoor activities, some require it for any activity that leave the council boundary.....Some require only for high adventure.

My council only requires one for High Adventure and if we leave the council boundaries for any activity.

I'm glad to see that someone else has this problem. When I logged in and then clicked on the tab to pick my Council there was nothing in the drop down. I'm registered as an ASM. I wondered if my problem is because I seem to be registered under 2 different ID's or at least that is what it tells me when I try to update my Profile. As someone who has been in the IT Business for 35 years I must say that I'm not impressed with MYSCOUTING.ORG. It seems to be way too buggy.