Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Hope you all have a good Christmas.

Scouting in my local area has mostly stopped for the christmas/new years period, although weve got a District Scout new years day family walk coming up ( it finishes in a pub )

Looking ahead to 2010 weve got the usual mix of camps etc coming up,including an international camp ( in the UK) peak 2010.

Ive just got back from the pub, and its been surprising how many former Scouts ive bumped into,as well as parents, and current Scouts out and about in the local pubs.

Merry Christmas to you too, Pint. My wife and I just came back from some last minute shopping and by good fortune bumped into two of my students, brother and sister, both of whom graduated a couple of years ago - home for the holiday. I remembered them immediately because they were so superlative. One is pursuing graduate school at Harvard and the other at Johns Hopkins. Both in biomedical research, nice. This, to me, is the best present I could ever get...to know students of this caliber and to watch them grow and succeed. So Merry Christmas. I will sleep well tonight.

A bit late, but Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on this forum.

To Pint: Scouters in 'pubs' at this time of year, at least in my town, is a common sight during this time of year. Particularly among the camp staff alumni in Kansas City. If I wished, I could find 4 or 5 such gatherings tonight as, for some mysterious reason, the "boys" of the Bartle Scout Reservation choose this night to party and mingle. I limit myself to just one such gathering that is close to home...and most of the time serve as a designated driver. :)