I am having some issue's with the cub master for my pack, I am the committee chair. The cub master is currently sepersted from her husband and is having an affair with our former cc, they started their affair while he was the CC he has since moved to Colorado, but comes and visits regularly. He just came and visited and know the CM is driving him back out to Colorado while his wife is staying behind for a few more days to take of some family issues. The Scout Executive found out about the affair and was going to relieve them of the duties but the CC just moved away so they put that on hold. She left today to drive him back and are Blue and Gold is this Saturday. I will not be there to pick up the slack due to the fact that I will be at a National Camp School for Day Camp. I am looking for some suggestions on what to do. The pack had this problem before about 7 years ago and it almost destroied the pacck and now it has hurt the troop due to no one in the pack to cross over.

Have I got this right?

You are a Committee Chair?

The Cubmaster is a female, who is separated from her husband?

You, the Pack and the Cubmaster are all in Florida?

The Cubmaster is seeing someone who once served as the Committee Chair, but has moved to Colorado.

He is still married?

So what is in question is the ethics of the Cubmaster?

I fail to see what this has to do with the Scout Executive.

If he or she has half a brain? They will not go anywhere near this.

It maybe? Might? Be something that the Chartering Organization could take a look at.

But with him being in Colorado and her still being in Florida? I kinda think that whatever they might want to get up to is not going to make any difference to what happens in the Pack.

There are some things that are best left well alone.

This seems to me to be one of them.

Have to admit that it seems a little odd that a Pack would hold a Blue and Gold Banquet when both the Committee Chair and the Cubmaster are not around?

Could it be that there are bigger problems in the Pack?

Eamonn.

When it comes to the Scout Executive being involved, I think that this falls under the matter of a scout is Loyal.

But lets put that aside and look at soem of the other issues.

I would have a sit down and talk with the CC and the CM over a cup of coffee. Let them know that there are people that are seeing this and there needs to be something that needs to be changed. Tell them that you are not telling them what to do with their personal life, but they may want to reconsider their positions in Scouting. remind them that they are role models, and they need to take that into consideration.

That is my 3 cents worth

"the Cubmasters going rate is slightly higher"

The first time this came to light the scout excutive found out about it and was going to pull their membership cards and not let them hold any positions in scouts, But that did not happen because the guy moved to Colorado. She is supposed to be a role model to the boys and that is why I am having a hard time decideing what to do. I know what i would like to do but do not know if it is right or if I can do it. I would like to remove her as the Cub Master. My Position is the Committee Chair/Unit Commissioner

"The problem is if the pack finds out some might leave and we don't want that again"

So you thought it would be a good idea to post this on line along with your town and pack number?

Don't worry, I'm sure no one in your area uses the internet.

To be very blunt.

This is none of your business.

You can't do anything and should not do anything.

This Lady is as you post separated from her husband and with the distance between her and her friend, I fail to see how it can in any way play any part in what happens in the pack.

I do hope you are not the Committee Chair and the Unit Commissioner for the Pack?

Maybe I'm reading something that isn't there?

But I get the feeling you have your own ax to grind with the Cubmaster.

Eamonn.

I find it interesting that you know so much about her personal business, including when, and where, she "dumps" her son, and how much he knows.

The CM's love life, or lack of it, are no business of either you or the SE. The former CC's wife seems to have no problem with this women driving her husband back to CO, why do you? It is entirely possible she plans on being back in time to attend B&G.

Stop spreading gossip.

Make sure the Asst CM is lined up for B&G in case the CM does not get back in time.

I'm a UC in the same district. He is not UC for his own unit. The appropriate commissioners are aware of the situation and are working to resolve any outstanding issues.

And yes, some of our district's UCs are pulling double duty, but not with their own units. Not ideal, obviously, but you know how it can be.(This message has been edited by nolesrule)