I was just asked to be the Scoutmaster of a very small troop (Troop 61, Grand Canyon Council). Its mainly small because they haven't had much of adult leadership in the last couple of years. I was previously on the Committee and volunteered to help where I could. It wasn't long before they asked me to be the SM officially.

I was in Scouting as a boy, but am a little overwhelmed about being an "adult." I've recently taken FS, NLE, LS, and OLS and plan to take WoodBadge in 6 mos or so. I have a passion for Scouting (even though I'm still learning) and am trying to help these boys "catch the vision."

I recently re-read my Eagle application and saw that I planned to be involved in Scouting for the rest of my life. I've taken a 12 year vacation, but now I'm back at it and I look forward to it.

Greetings from the other side of the map and welcome.

I also find truth in wingnuts comment. The glass is not half full OR half empty. Its capacity has been poorly designed for its purpose.

Now to get to the media, the schools, the boys' friends and have a Sign'em up party. Build the program and they will come.

YiS