Welcome!

We, too, have an autistic boy in our troop. He joined about the same time as my son. I am VERY proud on how the boys made him feel accepted. We have watched him come out of his closed world and become a good scout.  The father told us how some troops he want to before ours could not or would not let him join. I am glad the family did not give up on scouting after being reject by them.  It can be hard on the adults and boys to deal with special needs people but all should be allowed the chance to grow and learn.

Also,  we have some adults in our troop with specal needs.  I still sometimes se people ignore or avoid them.  (usually the new ones who learn how to deal with time because of how the 'oldtimers'  handle things) there is still a lot for all to learn in accepting differences.

I am an Eagle and a veteran of 6 years on our camp staff. I took a big break from the Scouting action as well. Getting re-connected about 6 years ago when my oldest son joined has turned out to be a major blessing. It's been a lot of fun, especially since many of my old staff-mates have returned to the program with their kids.

I hope you are having a super time as a leader!!!