Hello, I am new to this forum and would like to introduce my self. My name is Bill and I have gotten back into Scouting after a long absense.

I started in 1977 when I saw 2 scouts walk into

my 5th grade forum covered in patches and I wanted to be just like them. Since then I have

earned the rank of Eagle, earned 2 religious awards, participated in th 83 World Jamboree, Camp Staff, NJLITC at Philmont and I am a Brotherhood menber of the OA. I have 2 older sons that live with their mother in Denver, one is a Bear cub and the other is newly frocked 1st Class Scout. Let me tell ya I am one proud Papa. I have 2 other sons that live with me but they are 2 yrs old and 6 months and not quite Scouting age. I decided to keep in touch w/ my older boys by re joining scouting so I walked into my local council and asked if I could volunteer. I asked to be a Unit Commissioner and have been assigned 2 Packs and 2 Troops. It has been great so far. It is a lot of work but so far I have already got more out of it than I put in. Putting on the uniform again is one of my greatest pleasures and I have made a firm commitment to never again let my membersip lapse. I am looking forward to the next few years to train up so that when my younger sons are Scouting Age I can help to provide them with a Scouting experience that was even better than the one I had and that is one very tall order Indeed. Hopefully when I present them with the option of joining scouting they will want to, even if they dont the aims of Scouting are to important not to give my time to.

Anyway, If you couldn't tell yet I love to talk Scouting and have told people in my assigned units that it would be tough for them to talk about scouting to a point where I would want to end the conversation, much to my wifes horror I could talk 24/7 about the subject.

Hope to get to know a few of you out there and possibly share ideas on how to improve what already is the greatest game for boys ever invented..

YIS, Bill- Eagle81

Welcome Eagle81. The best thing about this campfire is there's always room for one more.

My wife would characterize me as a 24/7 Scouter too. Sounds like there's a few of us out there. . . . Hmmmm, maybe Terry should create a spousal support group forum ;)

Welcome Eagle81! Have to admit, my husband says I've "crossed to the other side" at this point - right about the time I got my beads and said "yes" to NYLT staff...but I'm still a newbie compared to a lot of the folks here...

Vicki

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Kenny and I have been active in Scouting for almost 2 years. I just finished going through wood badge course at Camp Lumpkin. I am an Assistant Scout Master with Troop 128 in Smiths ,Al. I have 2 sons in scouting and soon will have my youngest in cub scouts. Bot of my sons wanted to join the scouts 2 years ago and so I became involved and so here I am an asst. Scoutmaster, and love every minute of it.