As often mentioned on this forum. Scouts Canada youth membership and professional employment has dramatically declined. Found this, see link below.

ScoutsCanadaMemberShip.thumb.png.c65c8b037cffb76161e9f694be2bcf61.png

ScoutsCanadaFees.thumb.png.4f44dc58aa2880028223d4301f51cd5b.png

Source: A lot of data in graphs, tables, links from Scouts Canada, but what I found missing was the Cost of Scouting per scout by year.

http://yates.ca/sc/history/membership_national.htm

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Thanks 3

03/09/2024: Interview with Scouts Canada CEO CEO Liam Burns

You’ve been on the job for almost a year now, what do you see as Scouts Canada’s most pressing challenges?

"The biggest thing that keeps me up at night is that scouting was in decline right up to COVID. Since then we’ve recovered strongly — last year we had 22 per cent growth, this year we’ll have about nine per cent growth — but nothing is fundamentally different. So logically we presume that growth curb will plateau and start to come down, and there’s no evidence the status quo is going to work, so the question is, what needs to change?

Another challenge is that our digital infrastructure is an absolute mess for all the sorts of reasons legacy organizations would give. At times it took four hours for someone to register their young person. Unless you’re getting a Taylor Swift ticket, that’s unacceptable. :D We’ve just taken on a director of digital transformation, and we’re excited about what we can build, but it’s going to take millions in investment, so we’re starting to think about how we get permission for that from our governance and our members.

As far as diversity and inclusion, we’re an organization that has an awful lot of baggage. We just made an apology for the harm we caused Indigenous communities. When you talk to successful business leaders that have been scouts, they always talk about how scouting gave them a leg up, and if we’re doing that only for the more privileged families in Canada, that’s a moral hazard. So understanding our current demographics and how we change that is something we need to get much better at.

The last thing I’ll talk about is partnerships. There are so many amazing organizations out there dedicated to giving young people skills for life, so how can we have better relationships with other organizations and corporate entities? That’s something we need to figure out."

More at Source:

https://www.thespec.com/business/awful-lot-of-baggage-scouts-canada-ceo-looks-to-lead-century-old-institution-out-of/article_8c8db008-b21a-5bf0-9b8b-4abc0664917d.html

• 1 month later...

This concerns me about Scouts Canada, from the article above.  

"The audacious goal for 2025

Scouts Canada's goal is to support 50,000 young people with unique opportunities they wouldn't find elsewhere through new programs that meet the local needs of underrecognized, newcomer, and mainstream communities."

50,000 youth members?

20 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

This concerns me about Scouts Canada, from the article above.  

"The audacious goal for 2025

Scouts Canada's goal is to support 50,000 young people with unique opportunities they wouldn't find elsewhere through new programs that meet the local needs of underrecognized, newcomer, and mainstream communities."

50,000 youth members?

Currently at about 42,000, so looking for 19-20% growth in a year is a pretty big goal.