Why Do Scout Leaders Not Respond (and is there anything to be done about it)?

@swilliams - your son can move forward now with planning and preparing for the project, but the fundraising requires additional sign-offs at certain levels as stated above. 

I would recommend he reviews the scope of the project to ensure it is achievable in the time-frame he has.  Raising $3K then implementing the project seems like a large scope and you shared he only has 3 months?  Scouts are able to revisit the project's scope and make adjustments. 

For the material and services that he needs, can some of it be donated?  I've had several Scouts that go to Lowe's or the local lumber yard and get materials donated for their service projects.  The Scout should meet with the store manager and explain the details of their project and inquire if any materials could be donated to support the project.

Good luck to him!

Edited by Eagle_Chris
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this is an accurate comment, it IS a poor and, to me, unfathomable situation.  Obviously, we are only seeing part of the issue, but I would hope there may be other adults in the shared district tha

You don't need approval by the local council if all of your contributions come from: the beneficiary the candidate the chartered organization the candidate’s parents, guard

Actually, @swilliams, it would be ideal if your Scout posted it here, instead of you doing it for him. 😜 

Approval to fundraise came last night.  Son has swimming today and tomorrow (Meet of Champions!!) but will get the GoFundMe up and running Sunday.  The scout who did the other Eagle project there gave my son the name of a local lumber yard that will give him a break on the price of the 4X4s, and he found out the guy who owns NJ Gravel and Sand (where he sourced the rock and crushed oyster shell) is an Eagle Scout.  He's giving my son a good price on the materials.  Delivery will be a beast, but no break there.  Diesel fuel is the price it is.

Swimming is over after this weekend, so that gives him back over 8 hours a week.  He said he'll start working after school with a couple friends, then have the Troop scouts come do weekends as weather permits.  Lucky for him my husband and I are both registered. Also lucky for him (and unlucky for us) I'm self-employed, and husband is out of work at the moment, so at least we won't be held up by adult schedules.  

5 hours ago, swilliams said:

Approval to fundraise came last night.  Son has swimming today and tomorrow (Meet of Champions!!) but will get the GoFundMe up and running Sunday.  The scout who did the other Eagle project there gave my son the name of a local lumber yard that will give him a break on the price of the 4X4s, and he found out the guy who owns NJ Gravel and Sand (where he sourced the rock and crushed oyster shell) is an Eagle Scout.  He's giving my son a good price on the materials.  Delivery will be a beast, but no break there.  Diesel fuel is the price it is.

Swimming is over after this weekend, so that gives him back over 8 hours a week.  He said he'll start working after school with a couple friends, then have the Troop scouts come do weekends as weather permits.  Lucky for him my husband and I are both registered. Also lucky for him (and unlucky for us) I'm self-employed, and husband is out of work at the moment, so at least we won't be held up by adult schedules.  

Things are looking up!

Hey moderators!  Could @swilliams post the GoFundMe here??

• Upvote 1
On 3/1/2024 at 10:30 PM, InquisitiveScouter said:

Things are looking up!

Hey moderators!  Could @swilliams post the GoFundMe here??

Yes. Posting GoFundME or other fundraising events for Scouts/Scouting has previously occurred on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/10/2024 at 11:24 AM, swilliams said:

Thank you, @InquisitiveScouter and @RememberSchiff for this!  Son created an account and posted here.  Let him know if the link should be posted in a different spot.    I guess I need to be careful now what I say, since he'll be able to read this forum. 🤣

Almost half way there already!!

• Like 1