Scout master kicked out of scouts by district.

Well, that may be how it should work, but I don't think that's how it does work.  Food for thought:  who would want to stay where they are not wanted;  you can't really fire a volunteer;  what harm can be done by frivolous complaints;  whose version of the story do you believe and why; anyone can tell someone that can't play anymore, but by what authority;  if the allegation is slanderous but false, whose responsible; how many times has a CC, SM, CM or District Committee member "fired" someone without proper authority?  Unless it's a criminal offense I would tread very carefully.  Personally, if I were informed by just about anybody that my services were no longer needed I would just gather up my tea set and teddy bears and find something else to do and somewhere else to spend my money.   Just sayen🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Mrjeff said:

... Personally, if I were informed by just about anybody that my services were no longer needed I would just gather up my tea set and teddy bears and find something else to do and somewhere else to spend my money.   Just sayen🤔

I think that is the right answer.  We are all so personally invested in scouting that we forget we are only volunteers.  If the situation sours, move on.  We only get one life.  Enjoy it.

• Upvote 2
On 3/8/2023 at 11:40 AM, Mrjeff said:

Personally, if I were informed by just about anybody that my services were no longer needed I would just gather up my tea set and teddy bears and find something else to do and somewhere else to spend my money.   Just sayen🤔

I think that's a rational response, but some volunteers have a lot emotionally invested in their Scouting service - especially if they were once youth participants and/or watched their child grow through the program.

Those things are all true.  The lawsuits contesting the ability of the National Council of the BSA to revoke membership prohibiting any participation have been had.  Being a volunteer is not a right and being denied the ability to participate in the Scouting program does not affect one’s ability to pursue careers and other hobbies.  So the courts have said that the BSA has the authority to revoke membership and all participation.   Clearly, the next suit filed could turn precedence on its head but for now membership and participation are a privilege and not a right.  

The BSA has set a standard wherein most things that might suggest that the individual might be a risk to abuse a child results in revocation of their membership.   Personally, I totally support this stance.  Too many children have been abused even though Scouting appears to be better than other youth serving organizations.  

• Upvote 1