Brownsea II strip patch placement for adults

I attended Brownsea II in Iowa in the early 90s and the strip patch I was given went on my left sleeve on the bottom, below the position patch. The strip kind of looks like this but says "Brownsea II" and has different colors:

brownseastrip.jpg

Last week I saw a Scout leader my age wearing the same Brownsea II patch below his right pocket and I wondered (1) if adults who went through the program can wear it at all, and (2) if so where it should go. I saw some other forum posts that said it was a permanent award, but I'm not sure if that means adults can wear it, and it sounds like it might depend on when you earn it.

Jeremy

Edited by jeremyschultz
  • 4 months later...

On 3/8/2020 at 1:18 PM, jeremyschultz said:

I attended Brownsea II in Iowa in the early 90s and the strip patch I was given went on my left sleeve on the bottom, below the position patch. The strip kind of looks like this but says "Brownsea II" and has different colors:

brownseastrip.jpg

Last week I saw a Scout leader my age wearing the same Brownsea II patch below his right pocket and I wondered (1) if adults who went through the program can wear it at all, and (2) if so where it should go. I saw some other forum posts that said it was a permanent award, but I'm not sure if that means adults can wear it, and it sounds like it might depend on when you earn it.

Jeremy

The Brownsea Strip in your post is supposed worn between council patch and unit number. If I can find my syllabus, i will post the image. And i do know adult staffers wearing it during the course. Need to check if it is a permanent award, or youth only. 

If you took it in the 1990s, it have been the JLTC course, but your council called it BROWNSEA II. And the patch may have been a local creation. I know when i did BROWNSEA 22 back in the day, the strips were available. But the patch you earned for completing the course was no longer available.  My council ordered a bunch of Canadian BP patches to compensate