piano scoutmaster minute

Hello, I am looking for a scoutmaster minute that had to do with the contribution of others.

It went something like this:  "Today at this court of honor we are recognizing the achievements of the scouts here, you have made significant achievements in ..... but remember you haven't done this alone, just like a piano there are xxx keys, all the people who have helped you along your scouting journey are playing the other keys, the base line, the high notes, the ....."  the Assistant scout masters, the merit badge counselors, the drivers for the camp outs, ..... your parents and family members.  So remember as you meet milestones and goals in your life, look back and see who's been playing the other keys.

Does anyone have this?  I would love to use it (or parts of it) in another setting.   

I have always used the star of the show as the example.  They may get all the applause and standing ovations,  but they would be nothing without the other actors,  stage hands, production crews, publicity personnel, all the way down to the payroll clerk that cuts their over inflated paycheck.   😁

By the way,  a piano has 88 keys, some black some white, all are equally important to make great music. If one doesn't get used in a particular piece of music,  they might be the most important one in the next one, Be Prepared.

Edited by Stosh

does anyone have it?  You just wrote it!!!

My advice....keep it real.  don't read a script.  You just wrote out a very good way to do it.  If you say it just a bit differently next time, so what?  It's a perfect concept.

For example, i can imagine with the number of keys...fumbling the number...even if I really know....then bounce it out to the audience....how many keys are there anyway?

"86" form someone..... someone else says "88"....someone else shouts "a thousand"....

I say, "well whatever....lets just say there are lots.....my point is this..."

That sort of thing engages them, gets them listing a bit.

Just keep it real

Perhaps this:   The Bridge Builder  By Will Allen Dromgoole    

An old man going a lone highway,
Came, at the evening cold and gray,
To a chasm vast and deep and wide.
Through which was flowing a sullen tide
The old man crossed in the twilight dim,
The sullen stream had no fear for him;
But he turned when safe on the other side
And built a bridge to span the tide.

“Old man,” said a fellow pilgrim near,
“You are wasting your strength with building here;