5 hours ago, .40AET said:

It would be great if you would start something like that here. I’d love to read the tips support and advice that other leaders are willing to share. 

Thanks

I see value in both.  I've asked many questions here and gotten great answers. 

Let me say that Scouter.com is an awesome resource for information for Scouters.  I read it daily and recommend it to my leadership.

I have started the Facebook group to reach a different audience that prefers to operate in the social media world.

Please join me to assist those who don't actively seeking information outside of Facebook.

SM Danny

My Tombstone will read "Died without a FB account and was happy". This forum and a couple of others are as close to the public as I plan to get. I enjoy helping others, and would appreciate any help that you and the others can provide to me. 

Best

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't dump on FB. One thing it has that scouter.com will never have is a way to connect to new people. Start reading posts of some group on FB and suddenly your friends will see it as well. That could get more people involved.

I was thinking it might be a better way to get parents of cub scout aged kids to see what it's about. Just get all the parents in a pack to like a FB group for the pack and then the friends of those parents would start seeing posts of cubs having fun. It could be worth a lot more than handing out fliers at the start of the school year.