No POTUS Signature on Eagle Scout Certificate

Today, as Scoutmaster, I received an Eagle Scout certificate for a new Eagle Scout who happens to be my son.    I noticed that there is not a line for the US President's signature.     My Eagle Scout certificate has one, and my eldest son's bears the signature of Barack Obama.   I remember a huge uproar when Obama threatened not to have his signatures on Eagle Scout certificates.

I was wondering if anyone knows why Donald Trump's signature does not appear?

Obama never threatened to not sign certificates.  Here's the Snopes report on that.  There are plenty of other similar debunking references.

Production of new Eagle Scout certificates bearing President Obama’s signature (in addition to the signatures of the National President of the Boy Scouts of

America, the BSA’s National Commissioner, and the Chief Scout Executive) got underway in late 2009 for distribution to Scouts who obtained Eagle rank in Spring

As many Eagle Scout award recipients (and their families) have noted, some Scouts received unsigned certificates if they earned their award in the interregnum between the depletion of the President Bush-signed certificates and the initial issuance of the President Obama-signed certificates:

Best guess would be the same lag between change of administrations is going on here.

Does anyone know whether it was possible to go back and get a fully signed certificate.
Edited by T2Eagle

It's a transition period.    Until POTUS's authorization is recieved the signiture won't be present.  No conspiracy.    And your council should have recieved that info already if you would have asked.   

Good to know, I was just curious as every certificate that I have ever seen has 4 lines, one of which is for the President. This latest one only has 3 signature lines.  No spot for the President.      I do like the suggestion of sending the certificate to the WH.

Thanks all.