Beating Court of Honors Scripts Doldroms

We have four COHs a year.  All of them are pot-lucks.  In May, the troop buys the meat and grills outside.  Sometimes we have a slide-show of pictures.  Sometimes we have a slide show of an Eagle scout's career.  Sometimes something else special is incorporated.  

The major part of the COH is the socializing by the scouts and families over food.  Celebrating.  Laughing.  Bonding.

The agenda is created by the SPL and SM sorting the advancements into a sequence:  MBs, ranks, other special.  Then when food is winding down, the SPL starts the presentation by pointing out that we have gathered to celebrate the activity and advancements by our scouts.  Each scout is called up and recognized.  

To be honest, I always look forward to our COHs.  And, I've never lost weight at any of them.   They are fun.

I'd love to see what would happen if the adults would leave the room.

COHs would go away because adults are the reason for the ceremony.

But maybe you have a point that the adult scouters unintentionally hold the scouts back.  One of our scouts wanted his Eagle COH at the next campout. Nobody had experienced that, so the scouts came up with a pretty good ceremony on short notice. Still one of my favorite ECOHs.

Barry

One of our scouts wanted his Eagle COH at the next campout. Nobody had experienced that, so the scouts came up with a pretty good ceremony on short notice. Still one of my favorite ECOHs.

Ya know.  I'd love that.  A good camp fire on a camp out would be a great inspiring atmosphere for an Eagle COH.