The Buzzword is A'Changin'...

What do you think goes on in every school band room in America?

Just because Kanye West and others are the most popular type of music does not mean that the old classics and skills have been lost. Just from my former high school band, at least 5 of them have graduated and become music educators in the public schools.

I know what goes on in the band rooms in America.

6th grade through college with some professional along the way. Minored in music, competed on the national level in the arena of jazz ensembles, still play guitar for church every week I'm home.

I started college as music education, but dropped after a year.  I enjoy music, don't want to do it as a job.  :)

Of course I do not play Guitar Hero or enter any air band competitions.....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess it makes sense.   Many vocations are a blend of art and science.   But I think STEM/STEAM will remain a small part of the BSA, and not the huge draw National envisions it to be.   High in

You knew it as STEM. Science Technology Engineering Mathematics     Well, the buzzword is changing.  Caught this from a professor of physics at Marian University, Indianapolis, today.  She caug

because, after all, we want all those art majors out there to feel wanted......   But now how about those poor poor english majors? (or are they now called Language Arts or some some such thing?)