eagle scout workbook write up ?

Hi there, I have another question for the workbook write up.  My son can't find his receipts for one of the stores he purchased items at.  He has the other receipts, but cannot find the one stores.  What should he do?

"A scout is trustworthy".   Represent the cost the best he can and it will be fine.  If any adult leader doesn't accept that, then the issue is correcting the adult leader not the scout.

Edited by fred johnson

This isn't an audit. He would still list what he spent on various materials. The board will probably have it on good report that he's trustworthy. :happy:

Even if it was an audit, one would have a line with the expense and footnote that the receipt was not available.

He "did" write all the items down in his note book with pricing and units, but now cannot find the receipt.  Sounds like he should be okay with that?  Phew.  Did not know how he was going to get new receipts.

Hi there, I have another question for the workbook write up.  My son can't find his receipts for one of the stores he purchased items at.  He has the other receipts, but cannot find the one stores.  What should he do?

He should say "Mom don't worry, I'll handle it."

Edited by RememberSchiff

Okay, okay, I understand.   ;)   Just want to make sure it will be okay... thats all.  He is procrastinating so much as it is.  He might have the report done by the time he ages out.  He is 14.5.  LOL

Another think to consider is if he has documented what was purchased and at what store, he might be able to return to the store and get a duplicate receipt.  Some stores in our area have kiosks in the entry way or by the Customer Service counter where one can generate a duplicate receipt for an item one is returning.  He could check that out as a possibility.

Otherwise, it's my opinion that he has not shown sufficient leadership and will need to do the whole thing all over again from scratch..... :)

This is a good lesson for him to learn early in his life....Good leadership is solving problems and recovering from mistakes.  That's not in the Eagle project book, but should be..

He "did" write all the items down in his note book with pricing and units, but now cannot find the receipt.  Sounds like he should be okay with that?  Phew.  Did not know how he was going to get new receipts.

He will need to make sure he classifies his costs correctly, though. There are materials, supplies, tools and services. He will need to document the unif price of each and calculate tax (if paid). If there were any in-kind contributions he will need to do the same and note their value. 

Hopefully he has an adult leader in the unit guiding him with questions. This should be something he does on his own with little input from mom and dad. If he's not able to do that he may be too young for the badge. He's got time so I'd suggest just letting him do it. If it takes him 3 months or 3 years, it's *his* journey. ;)

Stosh, you serious about starting over???  sigh

I speak fluent Stosh, he was being completely sarcastic.  :D

I couldn't find an emoji for "dripping sarcasm"  so I had to settle for a :)

post-15031-0-63553900-1456952016_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stosh

I agree with all of the above.

Coincidentally, I am about to submit a reimbursement request from the office where I work, and I don't have a receipt either. The machine that provided me with the services in question was apparently out of paper to print receipts. I am pretty sure it will not be a problem. I hope not, $14 rides on this. :)