What's With The New Locked Forum?

Are you talking about the "PinHead" Tread.. I can read it, just can't post to it (which is what I am use to in other forums that lock threads..).. I think Packsaddle tsk, tsk a few of you (not anyone by name, just a general tsk,tsk to the lot of you), but what ever Meryln wrote I suspect was the tipping point, not your post Stosh.. You posted, then Merlyn posted.. Pack removed Merlyn's post, verbally shook his finger at everyone who posted, and locked the thread..

I am not sure where I am can double check the forum rules.. Other forums have a rule against discussing on the forum the actions of the moderators.. So I may be deleted for my comments and this thread tsk, tsked to if I am breaking that rule here..

I am not doing so to gripe or anything.. I have no opinion one way or the other, sometimes threads get locked if the moderators see the topic sliding into a state of unfriendly conduct.. I am just attempting to explain to Stosh as for some reason it sounds like he is unable to get it to read the locked thread and see this for himself (which if so, I don't understand why I can read the thread & he can't.)

Edited by moosetracker

Well, Sentinel, Stosh, would you mind telling the rest of us which one it is?

Assuming it IS the one I locked, I had good reason. I'm willing to release it if you guys want me to. I think the parties who were involved got the point...I hope.

Edit: OK, it's not the one I terminated. And it is 'Protected', not locked, the "Forum Support and Announcements". You need a password to get into it. Looks like the administrators created it and have limited the access. I have no idea what that has to do with Stosh, if anything. 

Edited by packsaddle

I am not sure if this really is the one Stosh is talking about, but Stosh  was one of the last posters to this thread, and it is in Issues & Politics.. The full titile is "Pin Heads Vote to Remove Flag" the posters on this thread were  TwoCub, Skeptic, TAHAWK, qwasze,  dcsimmons, Stosh, NJCubScouter, RememberSkiff, (you) Packsaddle, Merlyn..  It was locked on March 9th, so if this is the one, no one noticed it being locked for quite a while..

It has a little lock symbol on it.. I also am confused why I can get into it, but others can't.. Seems when you locked it, you were under the impression that people could come in and still read it.. If not, you wouldn't of bothered removing Merlyns comment, and posting a (sortof) comment on why it was closed.. Normally I am used to explanations such as "This thread is off-topic for this forum", "Posters are not following rules about being considerate and respectful", "Rules state posters can not comment on the actions taken by the moderators" etc..

Packsaddles closing comment is as follows : "I should send a couple of you to the corner as well but I'll merely close this one out."

Edited by moosetracker

To my knowledge, "locking" a thread means no further posts can be made in it. People can still read the posts that were made before the thread was locked. The thread that Moosetracker is talking about was locked, by Packsaddle? It does not necessarily have anything to do with the last post in the thread.

Is anyone finding that my explanation of locked threads is NOT correct? In other words, is anyone NOT able to READ posts in a locked thread? Conversely, does anyone find that they ARE able to POST in a locked thread?

As for what Packsaddle is referring to, I will have to check that out.

I am not sure if this really is the one Stosh is talking about, but Stosh  was one of the last posters to this thread, and it is in Issues & Politics.. The full titile is "Pin Heads Vote to Remove Flag" the posters on this thread were  TwoCub, Skeptic, TAHAWK, qwasze,  dcsimmons, Stosh, NJCubScouter, RememberSkiff, (you) Packsaddle, Merlyn..  It was locked on March 9th, so if this is the one, no one noticed it being locked for quite a while..

It has a little lock symbol on it.. I also am confused why I can get into it, but others can't.. Seems when you locked it, you were under the impression that people could come in and still read it.. If not, you wouldn't of bothered removing Merlyns comment, and posting a (sortof) comment on why it was closed.. Normally I am used to explanations such as "This thread is off-topic for this forum", "Posters are not following rules about being considerate and respectful", "Rules state posters can not comment on the actions taken by the moderators" etc..

Packsaddles closing comment is as follows : "I should send a couple of you to the corner as well but I'll merely close this one out."

And lock it, I did. Stosh was not involved in that particular situation. Since the member who created the OP did not object and has not requested it to be opened, I left it locked. As far as i can tell, NJ has it right.

• Upvote 1

Ok, ok, I get it now. I must have missed Packsaddle's post (#6, second paragraph) before I made mine.

Stosh and Moosetracker are indeed talking about two different things. Moosetracker is talking about a thread that was locked by Packsaddle, a few weeks ago if I recall correctly. Stosh is talking about a sub-forum, which as Pack said is "Forum Support and Announcements," which has somehow become password-protected.

Pack, the reason Stosh thought it might have something to do with him is that he is listed as the last person who posted in what is now the password-protected sub-forum. Stosh, I am sure it has nothing to do with you.

For whatever it's worth, I can't get into that sub-forum either.

Inquiries are being made.

Moose, you're obsessing! 

Go to the forum at this link: http://scouter.com/index.php/forum/44-welcome-to-scouter-forum/

Now look at the middle title: "Forum Support and Announcements"

Now scan across to the right for the cluster of info:

• Protected Forum
  • By Stosh
  • 23 Apr 2015
  •  

OK, now stop obsessing.

Edit: NJ and I were posting at the same time. I'll leave this one anyway.

Edited by packsaddle

Ok, I will stop obsessing.. I also did not note that in the post where you asked Stosh & Sentinal to point out the thread in question, you later knew exactly which thread it was.. Also confused over the use of the word locked, rather then password protected..  Yes, that one is password protected on me also, and a weird one to be password protected since it seems like it should be a help guide to newbie members.

Yes, that one is password protected on me also, and a weird one to be password protected since it seems like it should be a help guide to newbie members.

And in a sense, with the new forum software, we are all newbies, or somewhere in that vicinity. As I said, inquiries are being made.