<< We've had some success by first recruiting Spanish-speaking Adult Leaders in units where we want to recruit Hispanic families. It's a work in progress.>>

After 3 years of trying, I found that this is likely the key to success as well. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a bilingual English-Spanish person to take charge of communicating with new Hispanic families.

I may ask the Parish Knights of Columbus organization if they have someone who can help us get started with that.

Whenever I start getting down about scouts I get away from the adults and spend more time with the boys. Cheers me right up. It's what they do best.

I have to be honest. Sometimes this forum gets me down and I have to leave for a few days. :( We tend to blow our own bugles a little too much.

But as far as the future it concerned, I wrote a letter to all members of my Troop explaining that after four years I will be stepping down as Scoutmaster at the end of this year. My projects will then be to help build the Troop as I serve in the role of unit membership chair on the committee and help build the district as I serve as vice-chair of membership on the district committee. But my main source of excitement now is the Venturing Crew I organized and helped form in January.

Four years is a long time to be Scoutmaster and I am starting to get burned out. I know it's time to move on...:)

^ if it isn't Fun then we tend to not want to do it! I know you have problems with the current crop of kids you have not wanting to be outdoors and I understand that completely. Have fun with the Venturing Crew and I hope you spend a many a weekends viewing the Stars!

• Upvote 1