Host site for Troop management website

Hey all -

I have recently been looking into getting our troop a website that is easy to manage, and is able to let fees be payed, let people know when and where campouts and other activities are, etc. I looked at Teamsnap, because it seems like the perfect option, but our troop doesn't have the finances to pay for it. Any ideas?

Hey all -

I have recently been looking into getting our troop a website that is easy to manage, and is able to let fees be payed, let people know when and where campouts and other activities are, etc. I looked at Teamsnap, because it seems like the perfect option, but our troop doesn't have the finances to pay for it. Any ideas?

Try troopwebhost, but it's about $100 a year. You can set it up to allow payment by paypal. That said, it can also do advancement, etc.

Most of these look like they are actually more money than teamsnap. I take it nobody knows about any free services?

Well, the free teamsnap doesn't have what you need. To do online paying with teamsnap, it's $7.99 a month, which is $95.88 a year, about the same as Troopwebhost ($99), but you'd have to configure it more to work with scouts.

Yep you can do your own thing using the tools google provides for free.

The cost is the time invested to figure out how to make it work for you.

Google drive provides all the spreadsheets, documents, you need to run a unit

Google site or groups provides the website and google plus is the social media connection.

gmail for group emails.

$100 a year for Troopwebshost is a bargain over spending hours developing your own program.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone used OurGroupOnline? it is a "generic" version of troopwebhost but has a template for Cub Scouts? We are currently in our free trial period. I like everything about it so far except for the advancement tracking. Perhaps I just need to figure out how to make it work for us, but otherwise I love all the options it gives us.

• 4 months later...

There IS a free option - scoutlander.com

It gets you a basic website, calendar, email broadcasting (not quite the same thing as groups) and it's FREE.

Lovely, for some reason I wanted give a "good" rep to this post and the system (or my fingers) hit the wrong button...and won't let me take it back. ;)

Ironically this happened in a technology thread. ;)