Two Troops with the Same Chartered Organization

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

"They have very different personalities...." This should allow the pack member a viable option then and recruiting should be relatively simple. I'm thinking it may be more of a turf war than actually looking to find what's best for the new boys.

It sounds a bit like what the new recommendations are for the BSA program coming out soon.

Boy Scouts 10-13, Venturing 14-18, with an emphasis on moving boys to Venturing rather than have them stay in a troop until 18. They would still Eagle, but as Venturers. Sounds like a major can of worms, but it would work for a CO to have at least one of each so that they could have multiple Crews to handle the situation kpmcateer is experiencing.

Stosh

Stosh

The Pack for which I'm COR and CM is chartered by a Kiwanis Club, which also charters a second Cub Pack. The packs serve neighboring geographic areas.

No reason not to charter as many packs or troops as you like!

I just attended the weekly meeting of the Kiwanis Club last night and got our recharter signed off.

• 2 weeks later...

Technically speaking, it should be okay for a Troop, but not a Pack.

The literature refers to a Pack as "all the Dens that are part of the Charter Organization" so you can't actually have two packs.

In the case of the troop, I think it's probably more reasonable to have two, we've been trying to figure out what to do with our Troop's legacy problems and some very strong Webelos Dens coming up.

Making the Troop Program 10-13 wouldn't certainly have some issues... Boy Run is harder with no leadership. Our plan once we stabilize the Troop, if the Girl Scout Troop retains the older girls, is to set up a Venture Crew for the High Schoolers. It would meet after the Troop/GS Troop meeting to go over plans for the High Adventure trips. Basically, leave the youth to provide leadership for the middle schoolers coming up the rank, letting them work on Gold Award/Eagle Projects within their Troop, while getting a chance to do some fun activities that neither group is big enough to handle on their own.