Where the heck do these Aquatics Supervisor patches go?

Thanks for the guidance on placement.  I think patches should be worn when earned.  I used to think patches advertised me, so I wore only bare minimum insignia. After decades of Scouting, it occurred to me that it's not about me. The patches are ads for the program.  Wearing Aquatics Instructor BSA and Mile Swim patches advertises that BSA requires rigorous training of and effort by Scouters and Scouts.  We are not about badges and pins.  We are about rigorous training and effort.  Wear badges and pins appropriately and let the world know we are pushing against the tide.

Officially there is no place to wear them.  The Aquatics Supervision course patches are not considered temporary insignia, nor is it stated they could be worn on swim trunks, just "Swimming & Water Rescue, cloth, No. 10862; recognizes successful completion of Swimming & Water Rescue Training." and "Paddle Craft Safety, cloth, No. 18063; recognizes successful completion of Paddle Craft Safety Training."  from this link. https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33066/33066_Universal_and_Nonunit_Insignia_WEB.pdf?_gl=1*w220wt*_ga*ODIxNzM2MDM3LjE2MjUyMzgzMDM.*_ga_20G0JHESG4*MTYyNjE5OTI0Ny4zLjEuMTYyNjE5OTQ5NS4xNw..

Considering they are certifications like BSA Lifeguard and BSA Aquatics Instructor and not awards like Mile Swim and Kayaking BSA, I have worn my 2 Aquatics Supervision patches on the right leg of my swim trunks.

• Upvote 1
  • 10 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 8:58 AM, scotteg83 said:

last time I looked:

Right side (your right):

BSA lifeguard emblem and/or aquatics instructor BSA emblem

Nothing else

Left side:

Mile Swim BSA (can be earned multiple times and get a patch for each time)

Boardsailing, Snokeling, SCUBA, Kayaking, Whitewater Rafting awards (not merit badges)

Special Swimming Recognitions from Local or Regional Camps (i.e. polar dip, canoe instructor, etc.)

This is great! What's the source (official or unofficial) for this?

My only problem is that my swim trunks are BSA uniform trunks…

• Haha 1