No Such Agency: Yes We Scan

Oh yeah: what the NSA is doing now was done by the Stasi, the communist East German Secret Service that ceased to exist in 1989.

The parllels arent even funny anymore.

I know it is nothing surprising nor new.

But as I posted somewhere "1984" was to be a warning of a then fictional threat, but has since become an instruction manual for big brother.

Put a show on tv with containers and cameras, to entertain the masses.

Many moons ago it was the "nutters" with tinfoil hats. I just saw a wallet for sale in the local outdoor store: the passport purse thingo is lined with a silver foil to help keep the RFIDs from modern IDs to be scanned unwanted ...

So spying is as old as humans are (funny how scouts and spies are pretty similar), but the problem is that a in this day and age a handfull of agencys are doing soooo many things that are against the law and what not. Let alone moral. Or respect towards citizens or foreigners.

Guantanamo was a PR desaster.

Prism next PR desaster.

But nobody is held accountable, nothing changes ...

I love this country but I hate what a handful of insider crooks have done to it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was supposed to remain the 'elephant in the room'. Everyone knew all this stuff was going on but we just weren't supposed to discuss it openly in polite society. The Pope? Who cares? Might as well

The truth about the public complaints and faux anger from most other leaders is simply a fascade to mollify their own populace who, like our own, wears blinders and are naive to the extreme to the rea

Oh yeah: what the NSA is doing now was done by the Stasi, the communist East German Secret Service that ceased to exist in 1989.

The parllels arent even funny anymore.

Tin foil is your friend....

It protects

your credit cards

your passport

your smartphone

your pacemaker

and it makes a great hat just in case the government is around and you have to keep something "under your hat."

In this day and age one doesn't have to think they're paranoid, there's enough evidence out there to convince the average citizen that paranoia is a good thing.

Stosh