• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the congressional charter...scouters get the day off...

You know as Germany is paying for the entire European Union I was half expecting a statement today that Germany would also pay for the US ... ^o^

If all non-essential personal are furloughed, what are the congressmen still doing in the capital?   It is not an issue of Dems and Reps, it's a issue of people and government. Government (both pa

99.999999% of what comes out of Washington is crap anyway. It doesn't make a whole lot of difference who's at fault, ALL of Washington is at fault. Once people figure this out, either they will be replaced by competent people or everything will go down the drain. The US is not exempt from what befalls every "empire" this world has ever experienced. The handwriting is on the wall. Time to pay attention and read it carefully. Everyone is pointing out the problems, no one is fixing them.

Stosh

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, it would seem.
Well, one of my units is scrambling now to find a replacement site to camp at this weekend. All state places are full, leaving two BSA sites possibly since the National Parks are all closed
Horizon, there's plenty of space in National Forests. Find a trail and go make your own campground.
99.999999% of what comes out of Washington is crap anyway. It doesn't make a whole lot of difference who's at fault, ALL of Washington is at fault. Once people figure this out, either they will be replaced by competent people or everything will go down the drain. The US is not exempt from what befalls every "empire" this world has ever experienced. The handwriting is on the wall. Time to pay attention and read it carefully. Everyone is pointing out the problems, no one is fixing them.

Stosh

I don't know who coined that phrase, but it is sooooo true!

Stosh

Hey Brew, what happened in the 96 House elections ?

Stosh

I was around then...The conditions are much different now than 17 years ago.
Day 16 of the shutdown and we are no closer to an agreement than we started with. I say we all flock to the polls on Election Day and clean house...and senate. No incumbent will get my vote, regardless of political party.
I have also come to the same conclusion. Everyone goes. If that means a bunch of rookie are running the show, I'm assuming it can't be any worse than the people there now. Any name with (Inc) next to it will not get my vote.
I have now seen pigs fly. I tried to find this on Fox News, but they seem to have missed it.
tee hee hee.. Too true KDD.. I suspect FOX is missing it due to selective vision.

I am wondering how Fox, Rush, Ted Cruz and the other whackko birds will try to spin the deal the house and Senate are going to vote on as a victory for Republicans and proves they are on the right course.

I heard Ted Cruz has already said he will not filibuster it.. Let's hope so, and also that he is not just say HE will not do it, while he has one of his minions pull the trigger.. That will slow down the Senate vote, but I don't think it will stop it as I do feel there are enough Republicans to get to 60 votes..

I have now seen pigs fly. I tried to find this on Fox News, but they seem to have missed it.
"RUSH: Now, look, I’m not living in a false reality here. I was thinking about this last night, too, while I was pondering if I can ever remember a greater political disaster in my lifetime, if I could ever remember a time when a political party just made a decision not to exist for all intents and purposes."

Dailyrushbo.com

Day 16 of the shutdown and we are no closer to an agreement than we started with. I say we all flock to the polls on Election Day and clean house...and senate. No incumbent will get my vote, regardless of political party.
Think we can get the BSA to add Congressman as a POR ?
Wow! Rush said that?!? Are you sure he wasn't talking about the Dems?.. He would say that about the Dems, but his own party?.. Well perhaps he can talk the teaparty into divorcing the Republican party and forming a third party.. Repubs over a few years can get back some respect, but until the teaparty fades out they won't be a majority over the Dems for a while, but they without their teaparty pals, could slowly repair the damage..

Now, Sen. Cruz did what I thought.. It's a victory.. They showed the people will rise up, they showed their muscle, they showed they are on the right path.. Then he put the blame they didn't win this time on his fellow Repub Senators that didn't stand with him..

Well this was a long battle that hurt the American people and hurt our standing globally, helped cement American's view that the governmental system is broken.. In congress no one won, it was a draw, an extension of funding the Government and raising the Debt ceiling until normal negotiation tactics are engaged.. This could have happened Day one if Repubs only voted on the clean CR.. It was a big mess whose end result was exactly what we got.

Oliver Cromwell Speech - Dissolution of the Long Parliament

Dissolution of the Long Parliament by Oliver Cromwell given to the House of Commons, 20 April 1653

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!