• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the congressional charter...scouters get the day off...

You know as Germany is paying for the entire European Union I was half expecting a statement today that Germany would also pay for the US ... ^o^

If all non-essential personal are furloughed, what are the congressmen still doing in the capital?   It is not an issue of Dems and Reps, it's a issue of people and government. Government (both pa

Just read this:

AFN Back On The Air!

The American Forces Network (AFN) is working to restore full television service to the overseas audience within the next 24 hours.

As a result of civilian workers being allowed to return to work at the AFN Broadcast Center in California, plans are underway to launch AFN|sports, AFN|family, AFN|xtra and AFN|movie today (Monday, October 07). The programs required for AFN|sports are mostly live and, as a result, are immediately available; the inventory for AFN|movie and AFN|family exists on servers at the AFN BC and is also easily obtainable now that the workforce has returned.

The remaining channels, AFN|spectrum and the two AFN|prime channels (Pacific and Atlantic), will require a bit more time to restart since the programs have to be recorded from Stateside feeds and prepared for rebroadcast in the appropriate time slots. Service of these channels should be up and running by prime time Tuesday (Japan Korea Time and Central European Time).

AFN|news has remained on the air since the furlough began on October 02.

So the cold war and the communists where never ever able to shut off AFN, even way behind the iron curtin. Only Congress was competent enough to do it ...

Politicians taking it out on the back of the people is not a US phenomenon, same in the EU (albeit a bit different of course).
I was thinking of putting a sign on my door for the trick-or-treaters that read, "Due to the Government Shut-Down this house has no candy," but I think this will work better.
KDD, you should be able to keep what you have earned. I'll take care of me and my family, you take care of yours, and we can each decide how much charity to give and to whom.
Here is the latest from FB regarding our so called leadership in the house. This is simply bizarre .
Bazaar ? Hardly. It is entirely consistent with their desire for one party rule. I am trying to remember that other system of government with one party rule...... I just can't remember it right now. It will come back to me.

Meanwhile let's get back to talking about barricades, you know the important stuff.

Here is the latest from FB regarding our so called leadership in the house. This is simply bizarre .
bazaar or bazar (bəˈzÉ‘ËÂ)

 n

1. (esp in the Orient) a market area, esp a street of small stalls

2. a sale in aid of charity, esp of miscellaneous secondhand or handmade articles

3. a shop where a large variety of goods is sold

Having a bit of trouble understanding, are we?

You mean with the two R reps and Palin joining to complain about "using" veterans by some, even as they are grandstanding? Okay.
I was thinking of putting a sign on my door for the trick-or-treaters that read, "Due to the Government Shut-Down this house has no candy," but I think this will work better.
Papadaddy - that will work as well as asking those in favor of a war to contribute as they see fit. :)
That would have worked well during the revolution and the WWs... Would we have a more pronounced British accent, or Deutsche?
I heard quite a few days ago that this was the case, but did not know if this was rumor or not, as the Democrats were not going to the airwaves with it.. Perhaps they needed to bring it to the floor and challenge it like this before they could start publically complaining about it?.. Expect it to get a lot of airtime during next years election cycle..

The Senate has a new bill worked out by Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell..

this is common sense, so Although it is initiated out of the Senate I think it will have the 60 votes to jump over Ted Cruz's Filibuster, and the Republicans of the house will truly own the fallout of the Nation defaulting on it's debt along with the shut down of the Government if they do not pass it.. The Republicans will have a chance to save face, but really have gained nothing except totally tanking in the polls from taking the country hostage.. If the house rejects it the Republicans will own the fallout of defaulting on our debt and doubly own the government shutdown, and will never crawl out of the hole they put themselves into.. Their party will be toast.

Repubs can no longer keep harping on "the President wont negotiate", even though the President said he will but only once they release the hostages.. Because, this bill lays out clearly that both sides will negotiate during the time of the extensions. After that we have two minor changes to the Health Care law, so the Repubs have got something small on Health Care, But since the Democrats got something to, it is not a victory from their hostage taking.. The Repubs get the Budget at the Sequester levels, but Dems get the extension only past the new year (Jan 15 for government spending, Feb 15 for debt limit) so that a) Obamacare is totally enacted when the extension runs out and b) Dems have a chance to get some of the Sequestered items back into the budget during the negotiations (They did not want 6 weeks as it was too short didn't get past the enactment of Obamacare and if negotiations broke down again would put this debacle around the holiday shopping season.. But, 6 months were too long with the budget at Sequester levels.)

If the house does not bring it up for a vote, the party of Repubs is a footnote in history, taking the teaparty with them.

Just hearing the proposal gives me a confidence that I haven't had until now, that there is a way out.. At least until January & February..

Now everyone can go back to JoeBob's silly little rant of although the Repubs shut down the government, how dare the Democrats not let the Repubs pick and choose what parts of government the Repubs want to pay for so that they can just hold hostage the parts of Government that the Democrats care about.

99.999999% of what comes out of Washington is crap anyway. It doesn't make a whole lot of difference who's at fault, ALL of Washington is at fault. Once people figure this out, either they will be replaced by competent people or everything will go down the drain. The US is not exempt from what befalls every "empire" this world has ever experienced. The handwriting is on the wall. Time to pay attention and read it carefully. Everyone is pointing out the problems, no one is fixing them.

Stosh

• Downvote 1