Is camping in a cave camping?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May I suggest using common sense? 'Under the Sky' means sleeping outside. Does that mean that you have to blow away the cave roof to qualify? 'In a tent' might be a good idea in some caves to k

So we are still stuck splitting hairs and words to meet the bare minimum requirements for rank advancement.....     How about you don't worry about it and have the PLC plan an active program....Mo

KDD, could you please reveal the state that this cave is in? Just curious.
OMG, I thought you were joking about the bunks and food and all......Egad!

Edit: Thinking....Wow! You have caves in Indiana! When we did the wild cave thing, we dragged duffel bags behind us and slept in mud. No food. Pee bottles, held all else. Quite a contrast.

Wow, sounds like fun. Wish I could take the Bears and Weblos. Bunks could mean they provide a cot to prevent folks sleeping gear from getting too damp which leads to cold cranky campers. Even if its not camping, it could be a fun, educational, uniques experience type trip.
Wow, sounds like fun. Wish I could take the Bears and Weblos. Bunks could mean they provide a cot to prevent folks sleeping gear from getting too damp which leads to cold cranky campers. Even if its not camping, it could be a fun, educational, uniques experience type trip.
sleeping in a cave is reasonable for campout as others have stated however if it is a hotel in a cave thats a different story.

Even if you only camp as a troop 4 or 5 times a year you can still get the merit badge it will just take longer. If you think it too low ask the SM an PLC to step it up.

Its not a race to eagle.

Winds ... it had to be winds ...

It doesn't take much to "up the game". You and an ASM a could chaperon a patrol to some camping area or farm with maybe some good fishing nearby. You and your buddy could drop them off and then set up on the opposite side of the field. Put that out there to your son's PL. Don't use any of those "boy-led", "patrol method", "counts for advancement" buzzwords. Just give him a "Hey, you've been such a help to my son, I'd like to give you a chance to do something you can brag about to the rest of the troop. Why don't you float it by the SM?"