Lets take the cliff

Tea Party. Plan is NO plan. I told you so. (I just love saying that)

Yeah, the Republicans just took ownership of nearly any self-made economic calamity that we're headed for now.

OK, one more thing I've been saying for a long time....we went over this cliff back during the Bush administration. People are only now beginning to notice. Woo hoo, what a ride!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty amazing considering the President and Speaker were only $300 Billion apart on a package totaling more than $2 Trillion. I suspect this move is as much about the frustration Boehner has with members of his own party as anything else. He was pretty close to cutting a deal with the President, but can't get members of his own party to back his own bill.

Likely scenario is this will get resolved in January when there are fewer Republicans in the house and more have been cowed into submission once their constituents see their first paychecks of 2013.

SA

Da problem 'round these parts, Papadaddy, is da partisan primary system and da district gerrymandering. It's not the fault of da people, who are not sheep. It's a setup that's hard to work around, eh? Da primaries pick folks too far from center, and da gerrymandering acts as a multiplier of that effect.

Darn hard thing to change, since whoever holds a majority is beholden to da party system and feels great bein' da one who gets to do da gerrymandering.

Beavah