Giving up Freedom without a fight

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - Here is what I found on Blue NH.. Seems more aimed at our same day voter registration, but says we enacted that because we really didn't want to do the Motor Voter thing..

HB 223 eliminates same day voter registration in NH. The language of the bill seems to indicate that registering voters is a lesser concern than ensuring proper ID, residence, and proper behavior on the part of election officials. Same day voter registration was enacted because NH did not want to comply with "motor voter" laws.

We stll had same day registration, so it failed. If you saw something else you can send me the link.

But really, how can you consider voter registration at your DMV more apt to be fraudulent then hireing some teenage kid to take registration information outside of a strip mall? To which this year proved at least one kid tossing out those who registered Democrat in a nearby dumpster, as well as registering a bunch of dead people.

I know these last 2 years we had some voter supression tactics due to the house going red until it got re-flipped this election. Like we got a voter ID law.. (I did see from your "Blue New Hampshire" suggestion, our new blue house promises to get rid of it first thing). Also trying to keep out-of-state college residents from voting in our state. When the NH court overturned it, GOP were insisting the Fed. Supreme court take it up about a month out from elections.. Yeah Right! Keep Dreaming..

Should be less theatrical these next 2 years with a Democratic house. I am so glad our Governor election is held with the Presidential election and did not get caught in the wave of Republican voting of 2 years back. Most of the stupid stuff attempted was veto by Democratic Gov. Lynch, it would have been bad if Tea-partier Ovide Lamontagne. I would hate having to endure the problems Florida, Michigan & Virgina have. Even when they go blue, it will take them years to fix all the wrongs.

(This message has been edited by moosetracker)

Moose,

In Cook County, Illinois, we have both the scantrons (the fill in the bubble ballots) and touch screen. The touch screens should generally take less time, and it prints on a roll a paper copy of how you voted that you can check before hitting the final "submit ballot". Cook County does audit random machines after the election by checking the electronic vote totals against the paper copies. There's only been 2 per precinct because they considered a "trial". I actually prefer the touch screens to the scantrons - the scantrons will tell you if you've missed a vote but can't tell you what is missed, and if it doesn't read a circle you have filled out, it still calls it a miss - you either have to let it go through, or void it and start the process all over again.

I think Cook county was the county I lived in, when I lived in Bolingbrook IL.. I attended Elmhurst College in Elmhurst IL, that might have been a different county, but I really wasn't interested in politics in my college years..

Don't know about other states, but NH has lost federal funds due to certain things. I do not know if it really didn't do motor voter, or perhaps our state had it but didn't advertise motor voter so few knew about it, therefore few used it. But I know we loose Fed funds by not having the seatbelt & motorcyle helmet laws.

Dupage sounds familure. Not Will County. Now I don't know why Cook rings such a familure bell.

White Fence Farm? Isn't that the family style chicken place? WOW, not too surprised that is still around, it was very popular, but haven't been there in ages. Usually if visiting family it is always a good gyro we look for, they aren't so good up here. Until it went under my other favorite eating place to revisit was Anne Santa Fe, I have ever found a mexican place that came close.

Eagle732 - do your one-lines have any point, or are you just just practicing your troll impersonations?

Your asking if I'm a troll? That comment was more of an inside joke that some here would get.

I spent a about 3 weeks in New Hampshire last year. I was hiking the Appalachian Trail and after starting in Georgia four months prior I hit NH. My average milage dropped from 18 -20 miles a day to about 10. My hiking speed was severely suppressed. The trail is beautiful but it is some tough hiking!

New Hampshire's a great state, I admired the people there for their sense of freedom and independence.(This message has been edited by Eagle732)

Boy "Old Chicago" that is a trip down memory lane.. It was opened when I was there, it was closed and sat like a white elephant for years while I was there. They must of tore it down after I left, but when I returned it never phased me that it was gone.. That was only a few blocks from where my sister livs and I had a condo unit for about 2 years time.