ScoutNet 2000 Information?

• 1 month later...

>Coming in late Spring, 2007, "MyScouting" will be a portal for our members that will provide access to the following resources:

I noticed that this changed to "Coming in Summer 2007" about a month ago.

Ed

• 2 years later...

Hi Everyone,

I know this is an old thread but hoping someone can help me out. I downloaded a demo copy of Packmaster and created an export file to look at it. I can tel what most of the data is in the comma delimited file expect for the first row and the last row. If anyone knows more about this for the advancement file format, let me know please.

Thanks!

Warren

Warren,

Best of luck to you.

When I was a cub leader we purchased Packmaster on the promise it would integrate with our local council. They want no part of a direct interface to them, saying that too many errors will occur and mistakes are hard to fix. They encourage us to use Internet Advancement, meaning we have to retype some information.

Our troop from 2007 used Troopmaster but the AC started to rely on the manual advancement forms, Council would lose a number of these.

So we went back to using internet advancement, we have not made a mistake ever, at least the boys are getting the correct credit.

But this is 2009, data validation techniques have come a LONG way.

As a software architect I know this as part of the system I design require validation.

Warren,

Best of luck to you.

When I was a cub leader we purchased Packmaster on the promise it would integrate with our local council. They want no part of a direct interface to them, saying that too many errors will occur and mistakes are hard to fix. They encourage us to use Internet Advancement, meaning we have to retype some information.

Our troop from 2007 used Troopmaster but the AC started to rely on the manual advancement forms, Council would lose a number of these.

So we went back to using internet advancement, we have not made a mistake ever, at least the boys are getting the correct credit.

But this is 2009, data validation techniques have come a LONG way.

As a software architect I know this as part of the system I design require validation.

Thanks for the info. I just completed a web site called CubManager at http://www.CubManager.com which is great for managing awards for scouts in your pack. It was a woodbadge project but took it a step further since and made it for other packs to begin using soon. I want to include a way to create the file to upload for advancements.