Hi! The name is Erica, most call me Eri. I'm an 18 year old Lifetime Girl Scout, and a Gold Awardee (think: Eagle Scout). My interest in scouting came a bit late, alas, even though I've been in s outs for thirteen years of my life. I always wished I had been born a boy so I could have been a boy scout, but I'll have to settle for dating an Eagle Scout and having him put up with my curiosities.

Hi.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Eri,

I'm a Girl Scout Leadaer as well as a cub Scout leader. I came so late to the scouting movement that I didn't start until 4 years ago! I'm kicking myself now for all the things I missed out on as a child!

Congratulations on the Gold Award and keep mentioning it to everybody and it's equivilent to the Eagle Award so that more people know what it is! Put it on your resumes, on your applications and anywhere else you can think of. The only way the Girl Scouts are going to get that Gold Award as highly regarded as the boys Eagle Scout is for us to keep putting the word out!

Again, Congratulations on all your hard work!

Angela

Welcome aboard Strawberry!

I agree with Angela -- keep mentioning your Gold Award. My wife earned that award and, once I understood what she had to do to earn it, I had no trouble equating it to the Eagle Scout Award I earned. Impressive!

Unc.