New (or merged) Councils in 2006 ?

I've heard that Viking Council and Sinnissippi Council are merging to form the new Glaciers Edge Council. I''ll be sorry to see Viking go - that was a cool name... But the new Glaciers Edge council patch will have a wooly mammoth! Awesome!

Does anyone know of any other council mergers planned for 2006 ??

Was Viking council an old name? It was 4 Lakes Council out of Madison WI, and Sinnissippi Council out of Janesville WI that came together to form the new Glaciers Edge Council. You are right, the new CSP is awsome.

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the merger of Western Alaska Council and Southeast Alaska Coucil...

The merger happend on Jan 1, 2006 it appears the new name is going to be Greatland Alaska Council. A CSP is on the way and should be hitting the streets in Feb. I dont have a map to show the entire area

of the new council but will extend from Nome to the north to Ketchikan (yes I spelled that right) to the south.

No word at this time what the OA Lodge is going to do

AK-Eagle

aka

Phillip Martin

Scoutmaster Troop 700

Juneau Alaska

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Old Baldy council (Ontario, California) will vote this week on a proposed merger. Members from Los Angeles County would join the San Gabriel Valley Council and members from San Bernardino County would join the California Inland Empire Council.