Placement of OA jacket patch?

The Insignia Guide isn't much help, and the lack of a yoke across the back of the jac-shirt doesn't help either.

But there is a seam for the collar -- so how far down from the collar do you place the top of the OA jacket patch?

Fred,

I just measured mine.

On my jac-shirt (size 40) it's 5 1/2"

On the jac-shirt I had as a youth (size 14) it's 3 1/2"

On my red wind jacket (size M) it's 5 1/2", though I have a bigger 8" Wipala Wiki lodge patch on it.

I think I would lower the patch to 6" if I did it again.

What I did, was pin the patch on the shirt and looked in the mirror and played with the plcacement that way. When I found where I thought it should be, I asked my wife if she thought it was placed okay. She said yes and probably would have whether it was placed +-2" from where it is. You could always take a measuring tape to round table.

My suggestion though, is to place it between the lower end of your shoulder blades.

SWScouter

• 2 weeks later...

My Lodge had a superb annual patch a couple of years back. Dream catcher, with the feathers (each feather its own patch) representing Winter Banquet, Induction Weekends, Workdays, and Fall Fellowship.

That's what's on my sons red jacket, instead of the standard OA patch.

He entered the Tribe of Mic-o-Say in 2004, our 75th anniversary. There was a special patch that year for that event. That's also on his jacket.

He's also been to Philmont, so he's got the bull :)