New Arrowman in the family!

My son completed his Ordeal this weekend! In mid-low 30 temps, with rain & snow showers he worked his back end off (one way to keep warm!). He got home tired, damp & VERY smelly, but with enough energy to model his sash for us!

He was a bit leary because we could not drive him up & no one from his Troop was going so he had to get a ride thru council. He figured he wouldn't know anyone. However, he discovered he knew quite a few Scouts & Scouters from helping with District popcorn, Cub events & JLT. And since he is not exactly real shy (LOL) he gets to know folks easily and had a good time.

nice! reminds me of my ordeal last november. Great memories which i will take with me the rest of my life. I just preformed at my chapter's ordeal. Just being there to greet new members was a wonderful feeling. I hope your son will enjoy the OA's opportunities.

Thanks so much!

He is pretty excited & looking forward to doing things with/for OA. He loves meeting new people, doing new things, working with younger kids, & working with council. He was hoping to be able to go on an OA work week this summer, but it looks like he will have to wait for that. Which is just as well because he is pretty booked already what with helping me with District Tiger Roundup, helping with our Pack Family camp, Troop summer camp, staffing at Dist. Cub Day Camp, & staffing at NYLT!