Fundraising with a Fireworks Tent?

Your Troop should not be wearing the BSA uniform to police the grounds and help with parking unless the Troop has gotten approval from their Council's Executive Board to do so.

Why do they need any approval? Is this a fundraiser for he unit or is this service to their charter partner?

Regarding the fireworks thing, yes the BSA does prohibit fireworks and as a member of the BSA I would not want my unit to use this as a fundraiser. Is this type of fundraiser prohibited? Well based on this from the Unit Money Earning Application

The product must not detract from the ideals and principles of the BSA.

one could argue either way.

Let me reframe the question. Scouting clearly is not against any of its members participating in the American political process, but it is against using the uniform for furthering a particular candidate or proposal within that process because it is against its own stated policies. I don't think that many Scouts or Scouters would argue that one.

Similarly, I don't think that Scouting would be against its any of its members raising money for an organization that charters one or more of its units (because by definition that CO would have compatible values with the BSA), but it is against using the uniform to further that fundraiser when it is in conflict with its own stated policies on fundraising.

What is it about the latter question that makes it more arguable than the former?

Also, would the use of the uniform really help sell more fireworks?

>>"Why do they need any approval? Is this a fundraiser for he unit or is this service to their charter partner?">"They ask the troop to help in exchange for $$. ">"Similarly, I don't think that Scouting would be against its any of its members raising money for an organization that charters one or more of its units"