Thanks for the advice, Pack, since I've generally ignored the I&P threads for a number of years now. I'm set up to sort threads by the most recent post, so occasionally I'll get sucked in with a Scout-oriented subject line, but otherwise don't follow the I&P threads.

The tutu ad appeared while I was reading ScoutFish's thread about Cub campout menus. It was a banner ad on the forum page, not a pop up on my computer.

Discussing the BSA's position on a variety of topics IS a scouting issue. I have had Scouts from my unit quit because of the "gay" and "God" issues. Teens can be very idealistic at their age (we can save the world) which is refreshing in some sense, tragic in another.

I've also noticed that discussing these issues makes some folks uncomfortable.

As for me, I just get the generic "Your Ad Here" plea.

83EagleI just assumed the Bad Idea girl was a a venture scout.

For future enlightenment, it's "venturer".

And, from time to time, one may have dress code issues. I usually pawn those off on my female adult leaders. Maybe I can just have my crew president propose a by-law "No dressing like the models on the Scouter network."

I find myself posting less and less on what I refer to as "the policy" because I feel that I've said all that I need to on the topic. I find the mindset behind defending "the policy" infinitely more intriguing and confounding, but my fellow posters appear to be uninterested in picking *that* one up... :((This message has been edited by sherminator505)

Dang, the only ads I get are the google ones, as if I have to go looking for something to complain about.

On this page right now I have a Chevy hunting adventure, (The only Chevy I own is a '74 Nova) and Nike Golf Gear, (I don't play golf).

I gotta get a life.....

Stosh

Am I just being left out, or did I do something right? I do not have any ads with banners or pics. Do have something with a link about cruises (which I have never taken nor looked for), and a couple of camping gear links.