Martinez and the Magicians Horse

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What beliefs are you referring to? The BSA doesn't have any theological tenets apart from trivial lip-service to some sort of vague theism as far as I know. If the BSA decided to start excluding Jews tomorrow, apart from that specific exclusion, would that make the entire BSA program (otherwise completely unchanged) somehow counter to Jewish beliefs all of a sudden?

Yes Sherm, you could join the team; you just would not be allowed to swim. Help with timing, shallow water exercises, and so on. Nothing says someone cannot do things out of the water, or in shallow water, as a member of the team.

By discriminating against them on the basis of their religion, moron.

Moron???????????? Well, that is your style Merlyn. Attack at all cost!

If you are not required to join the BSA, how is that discriminating against them on the basis of their religion?

See, now, this is the stuff that drives me crazy. Ed, you and Merlyn have gone over this ground multiple times. You know why Merlyn says a public school sponsoring a BSA unit is unconstitutional, I mean I hope you know why he says that, he says it often enough.

Merlyn, I do not understand why you let Ed get under your skin. If he asks the same question multiple times its to play you. To get a reaction from you and when you succumb he gets to say you do nothing but attack.

Now, we really should not have one poster calling the other one a "moron" but then again, a poster should not repeatedly ask the same question just to see if he can get a reaction from another. Which ever way I go with this, I can see why the other person would say I am favoring the other.

What do the reast of the moderators think? I guess I could put this in the Moderators Lounge, but perhaps it would be a good idea to have the community see our opinions. Do we let the boys continue to squabble and get in the way of a discussion? Do we close the discussion because two can't behave? Do we do something to the two who can't behave? I am out of answers and am tired of complaints from forum members asking me/us to control either one of these guys

Let me know guys

See, now, this is the stuff that drives me crazy. Ed, you and Merlyn have gone over this ground multiple times. You know why Merlyn says a public school sponsoring a BSA unit is unconstitutional, I mean I hope you know why he says that, he says it often enough.

Merlyn, I do not understand why you let Ed get under your skin. If he asks the same question multiple times its to play you. To get a reaction from you and when you succumb he gets to say you do nothing but attack.

Now, we really should not have one poster calling the other one a "moron" but then again, a poster should not repeatedly ask the same question just to see if he can get a reaction from another. Which ever way I go with this, I can see why the other person would say I am favoring the other.

What do the reast of the moderators think? I guess I could put this in the Moderators Lounge, but perhaps it would be a good idea to have the community see our opinions. Do we let the boys continue to squabble and get in the way of a discussion? Do we close the discussion because two can't behave? Do we do something to the two who can't behave? I am out of answers and am tired of complaints from forum members asking me/us to control either one of these guys

Let me know guys

Yah, to respond to OGE's post, I think the "moron" comment and similar are where the line gets crossed, eh?

Asking a question, even repeatedly, doesn't bother me. You and I have done a few rounds like that, eh? ;) Sometimes it's just because people's language and points of view are so different. In da other thread, I "got" what vol_scouter was sayin' right away, but it took a page and a half of Merlyn asking the same question before he discovered he didn't disagree with vol.

The personal "moron" stuff should be moderated.

B