Can Anybody Relate to This??

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trekies, Trekkers, trackers , Trickers....whatever!

The vast superiority of Star Wars fans is apparent!

And I shall indulge you in a few examples:

In Star Trek, different species need translators to communicate.

But in Star Wars everybody just understands everybody else!

In Star Trek people are constantly eating weird cuisine in the mess deck.

In Star Wars, nobody actually eats.They do not need to!

Star Trek: weird shiny foil bed sheets and covers.

Star Wars: Nobody needs to sleep!

Star Trek: You have Bones, an anal retentive, OCD pesimistic nut case Dr!

Star Wars: Either you are dead or not! No doctors ever except to say you are dead or not!

Star Trek: 60's and 70's... phasers that looked like Brauhn razors.

Star Wars: Light sabers, laser blasters, AT-AT's and droids with attitude! And it all happened LONG, LONG AGO, really far away...so Star Wars was way ahead of Star Trek!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

Star Trek: Pointy ears and green skinned women.

Star Wars: Princess Lea in a gold bikini and Senator Amidala in a white catsuit!

Yeah, I know you almost cannot bear the shame, but it's okay, not everybody can live up to being Star Wars worthy! :)

I'll grant you LEIA in the bikini (note the "I"), but Amidala was a fairly lifeless character, with little development. I'd take an Orion slave girl any day. Plus, we have Seven of Nine. And frankly, I'd say that Khan could run tactical circles around the admirals of both the Rebel and Imperial fleets.

(We also have the movie with the whales, but I digress)

Resistance is futile, my nerf-herding friend.

It's the Vulcan Nerve Pinch - the supposed "Death Grip" appeared in one episode of the Original Series ("The Enterprise Incident"), and was part of an elaborate ruse undertaken by Capt. Kirk and Mr. Spock (later aided by skilled physician Dr. McCoy and miracle-worker Chief Engineer Scott) to trick the nefarious Romulans.

As far as your lightning thing, while it might affect certain crewmembers throughout the Star Trek universe, I am compelled to point out that Mr. Data of The Next Generation would not likely be affected by it, as several episodes (such as "Disaster") demonstrated his resistance to electricity.

Yeah....Mr.Data.

All I have to do is throw out a kitty or a judical question to distract him. Kinda like this site! LOL!

But he is a physical object subject to the power of the force!

By the way, my son brought up a great question last week:

If light sabers are pure energy and electricity, and they can cut through/ go through anything...why can't they go through each other?

I told him that was a great question!

Dilbert is a fave. Describes the office all too often.

Agnus Day (a lutheran-specific lectionary based weekly comic) is another fave.

Were that someone could put the words of Will Rogers into comics.

With regards to your son's question Scoutfish, my guess would be that the electromagnetic field arc of each lightsaber likely reflects the energy of the opposing lightsaber. This would seem to make sense, considering that "The Phantom Menace" depicts the lightsabers of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Darth Maul as unable to breach the pink forcefield at the end of the movie, and forcefields tend to be some variation of electromagnetic fields. I am, of course, also forced to point out that Qui-Gon had some trouble cutting through the Trade Federation ship's blast doors at the beginning of the forementioned film, so I guess that your lightsaber isn't quite as powerful as you think. By the way, I'd like to see some Jedi master try and use the force against one of the Q.

I agree with that, but you ever look at him and figure he's the outer space version ot a white trash redneck? His clothes are thread bare ab=nd the sleeves were torn off. He has a mullet and probably doesn't bathe but one a week.

And I know I said it already..but I just can't get past the mullet with highlights too!

I bet he had a Yosemite Sam sticker on the back of his ship! And some of thos chrome women mud...ummmm..thruster flaps.

WHEEEEEEEEEE---DOGGY! :)