Pennsylvania lawmakers agreed to a 2009/10 budget on Friday, 101 days after the start of the fiscal year, making the Keystone State the last in the United States to settle on a spending plan.

Not sure about anyone else, but 101 days?

Seems like a very long time.

Seems like the people who should have and ought to have been working on this are just not doing their job.

Of course there is a lot of finger pointing going on.

There is no shortage of blame.

But from what I have read they were supposed to start working on this budget back in February.

Does it really take nine months?

I don't know how many people have been hurt or harmed by this delay?

I do know that while these twits couldn't decide how they would go about spending my money, they had no problem collecting it.

Seems that they also didn't have a problem collecting their daily $158.00 allowances!

I have to wonder if they hadn't been able to collect any state taxes if things might have not taken 101 days?

Eamonn

In NY state this was rountine I think our record is something like 144 days late

Posted: April 01, 2009 - 7:25 AM

ALBANY (AP) -- Democrats who control state government said they crafted the $131.8 billion budget in historic secrecy so they could pass it on time, but they missed the April 1 deadline for the third straight year anyway.

Adoption of the budget Wednesday will be New York's 23rd late budget in the past 25 years. The spending plan includes a near-record 8.7 percent increase in spending and $7 billion in new or higher taxes and fees.

The morons keep electing the idiots to run the gov't.

In the state I live in we decided on term limits for the legislature to match the governors limit. Since then the budget has been late every year and full of pork.

One state senator came to visit our troop meeting and explained that term limits are actually bad. It takes 3 years to really learn the job, and they can only improve the skills for 5 years.

So lobbyists and professional staffers move in and write the bills.