June or July 2009?

Turned on the TV last night for the Amazing Race.

Most of the ads were political ads.

Kinda sad how nasty these people are.

Kinda funny that in a week or so each will pat the other on the back and have nice things to say about the winner and the loser.

I have listened to all the stuff that both Presidential candidates say they are going to do when they get in the White House.

Some of it sounds good, some not so good.

I'm not sure who is going to win.

In our area there seems to more signs out for the Republicans than for the Democrats, it might be that the Republican supporters have bigger front yards?

Last election most of the people I talked with just wanted to get rid of the politicians that were in office. It didn't really matter who got in as long as those that were in were booted out.

All in all very little seems to have changed.

The wars are still going on.

The economy is in the toilet.

Education, illegal immigration, gay marriage seem to be on hold.

All I'm hearing is this call for change.

I'm not sure if this call for change is the same call that we heard last election when the mood was very much "Boot them all out"?

I wouldn't mind a change myself.

I'd like a new car that gets better gas mileage.

I'd like to make some improvements to the house.

A house near the beach would be nice.

I could go on.

But I'm running into a slight problem. I really can't afford to spent all this money.

If I did Her Who Must Be Obeyed would not be very happy.

With things as they are I'm not sure how we can afford all the promises that both candidates have promised.

I'm not sure if the new president will be able to push his agenda through?

I suppose I'll just have to wait till net June or July and see what's happening.

Eamonn

Its not like the world we live in will change that much Nov 5, 2008 no matter who wins. The president gets started Jan 21rst. Then they have to annoint all the appointed positions and get them in position, then they have to get doen to business. Its not likely any of the "Health Care Plans" will get approved as curretly portrayed, each sentence will get parsed, explained, nuanced and changed. Each plan will be altered in the same way. As Benjamin the Donkey in Animal Farm observed, life will go on as it always has, badly

I'm afraid badly is the most likely result. No president changes things as much as he would like or as people think. With one exception, and that's who he appoints to the Supreme Court. At least two justices are likely to retire in the next four years and their replacements will affect law for a long time. In this race, there's also the possibility of electing a president of the same party as the majority of the congress, which has an approval rating of 12%, I believe.

Whoever wins, most of the changes will be ones we don't really want. And I'm kind of an optimist. :)

Gotta agree. Both sides have been rather thick on laying out the "HOSANNA, HUZZAH!" card, and Voila! Change. NOT

Of course, the electorate who has been pumped up will never realize they've been pumped up the ### full of sunshine.

An old Navy Captain I once knew had a one worder for expressing his level of disgust at this kind of thing: ###WIPE! in a long southern drawl